A journey through Botswana is a truly magical experience, the warmth of the people, incredible abundance of wildlife and excellent standards of accommodation have ensured that visitors return time and time again.
Things to do in Botswana
- Glide through the Okavango Delta on an iconic mokoro trip
- Admire the views from above with scenic flights
- Watch the seemingly infinite herds of Elephants in Chobe
- Enjoy a traditional Boma dinner under the stars
- Count the numerous species of bird in the Delta
- Relax on a river cruise along the Chobe River watching animals come for a refreshing drink
- Observe the resident meerkats of the Makgadikgadi Pans
- Stand underneath the gigantic Baobab trees
- Witness the annual Zebra migration in Savuti
By Air – Located in the middle of the African continent, Botswana can be easily reached from the UK. Flights to both Maun and Kasane can have just 1 stopover in Johannesburg, taking around 17 hours in total.
A great way to travel around within Botswana is by light aircraft flight, with many airstrips all over the country.
By Road – Whilst longer distance transfers are best covered by light aircraft flights in Botswana, the shorter road transfers are often scenic and enjoyable.
It is also possible to combine Victoria Falls with Botswana, with the drive from Chobe taking a mere 90 minutes.
Plan your holiday