Honeymoons in Mauritius
Thinking about beginning married life in Mauritius? You’ve come to the right place. Our knowledgeable, friendly, team of Experts have all travelled in Mauritius and would love to help you plan the perfect, romantic retreat.
Choosing Your Honeymoon Destination
With its shimmering turquoise waters and white sands, the Indian Ocean island of Mauritius is the ideal destination to begin your married life. It’s not all beaches and palm trees though; indulge in local cuisine in Flic-en-Flac, bathe in the sacred lake of Ganga Talao which is nestled within the crater of an extinct volcano, or wonder at the beauty of Tamarind Falls.
Why not combine your Mauritius honeymoon with another of Africa’s incredible holiday destinations?
- Kenya – Looking for a little more adventure? We recommend embarking on an unforgettable Kenya safari. With some of the best game viewing in Africa, and spectacular diverse landscapes, this is the ideal addition for those seeking a multi centre honeymoon.
- South Africa – Vibrant and historic cities, stunning scenery and coastlines, and a plethora of opportunities to spot the ‘Big Five’ on a safari. South Africa is a place of contrasts and beauty.
- Namibia – Wildlife, ancient red deserts, and extraordinary landscapes. Namibia is a destination of extremes and is truly unique.
- Dubai – Glitz and glamour is in abundance in extravagant Dubai. Explore the desert sand dunes, excite your tastebuds in some of the world’s best restaurants, and indulge in some of the fabulous shopping malls.
Freedom Favourite Resorts & Hotels
We understand how important it is to honeymoon somewhere special, so we have carefully curated this list of hotels and resorts in Mauritius to ensure that wherever you decide to stay it will be an unforgettable experience.
- Emeraude Beach Attitude – Located on a beautiful white sand beach and turquoise lagoon, this all-inclusive, adults only resort offers a friendly yet intimate atmosphere perfect for couples. Relax on the beach, take part in the complimentary watersports, or pamper yourselves at the resort spa.
- Constance Belle Mare Plage – With its informal elegance and five star facilities, this beachfront resort nestled on 2km of coral protected beach, is the epitome of luxury. Excite your tastebuds in one of seven restaurants, luxuriate in the resort spa, or take a relaxing stroll through the tropical gardens.
- Veranda Grand Baie Hotel – Located in the vibrant beach town of Grand Baie, this hotel boasts picturesque views over the harbour, resort spa, two restaurants, and more. Relaxed, informal, and within walking distance from a plethora of local restaurants, shops, and bars, this hotel is the perfect place to relax and unwind.
- Sugar Beach Resort – Nestled in the sheltered bay of Flic-en-Flac, this luxurious hotel is located on a 1.5km long beach and within beautifully manicured gardens. Indulge in delicious local cuisine in one of three restaurants, unwind with some spa treatments, or simply relax together while watching the sunset from your private balcony.
- Canonnier Beachcomber – With picturesque ocean views and many unique features, this beachfront resort perfectly combines historical charm with modern facilities. A fitness centre built within the branches of a banyan tree, its 19th century lighthouse, and the cannons adorning the property make this a charming yet luxurious retreat.
- Coin de Mire – Set across from a white sandy beach, and close to vibrant Grand Baie, this hotel offers Mauritian style hospitality and a welcoming atmosphere. With complimentary watersports, resort spa, and rooms with either a balcony or terrace, you’re sure to find relaxation and rejuvenation.
Mauritius Honeymoon Packages
A selection of our most popular honeymoons in Mauritius. Carefully curated by our Experts, these itineraries can be booked as they are or tailored to suit you.
- Mauritius Luxury Escape – Discover the best of the Indian Ocean Island of Mauritius with 7 nights and 8 days in a luxury beachfront resort.
- Kenya & Mauritius – Explore diverse Kenya on an eight day safari where you’ll visit five National Parks, then spend one night in Nairobi before heading to the sandy shores of Mauritius for seven blissful nights.
- Africa & Ocean Dream – A 12 day city, safari, and beach holiday where you’ll spend three nights in a Kruger safari lodge, three nights in vibrant Cape Town, and then five nights in idyllic Mauritius
- Namibia & Mauritius – Experience the dramatic landscapes and wildlife reserves of Namibia on a 12 day self drive tour, then after one night in Johannesburg head to tropical Mauritius for seven nights in paradise.
- Dubai & Mauritius – Spend three nights exploring the desert kingdom of Dubai with its contrasting scenery and glamour, then travel to the island of Mauritius for seven nights of pure relaxation.
Tailor Made Mauritius Honeymoons
We have been designing tailor made holidays and itineraries for over 20 years, and we would be honoured to use our experience to plan your perfect Mauritius honeymoon.
Each of our honeymoon packages have been carefully designed by our team of Africa Experts, and ensure that you will experience all of the highlights Mauritius has to offer. You can book as they are or change any part of them.
Alternatively, let your Personal Consultant know your interests and preferences and they will create a tailor made itinerary especially for you.
Planning a wedding can be stressful, so we’re here to take care of the honeymoon for you.
As part of the FREEDOM Honeymoon Package you will be appointed your own personal Travel Consultant who will be there to guide you through the whole planning and booking process, ensuring everything runs as seamlessly and smoothly as possible.
Having spent time travelling in Mauritius, your Consultant will use their first-hand knowledge to offer suggestions and recommendations on what to see and do based on your interests, and once you have agreed upon your perfect itinerary they will make all of the arrangements for you.
It’s the special touches that make your honeymoon truly unforgettable. From a bottle of wine awaiting your arrival so that you can toast newly married life together while watching the sunset over the ocean, or even a free room upgrade. Your personal FREEDOM Consultant will be sure to let your chosen hotels and resorts know that you are celebrating your marriage so you may find you have a few pleasant surprises during your holiday.
Wedding Gift Scheme
All honeymooners will be able to take advantage of our Wedding Gift Scheme. We will create a dedicated web page for yourself and your partner where you will be able to share your honeymoon plans with friends and family, who can then make a contribution online.
Plan your honeymoon