Day 1 to 2 - Sun City Resort
Feel the excitement build as your flight lands at O.R. Tambo International Airport in Johannesburg, where there will be a private car waiting to take you to the famous Sun City Resort, typically a 2 hour 15 minute drive.
Settle in to your room at your choice of either The Cabanas or Cascades Hotel at Sun City, and then explore the fabulous facilities on offer at the resort, including:
- Valley of Waves waterpark, with its large sandy beach and water slides
- Maze of the Lost City, the largest in the Southern Hemisphere
- South African Hall of Fame, celebrating national icons
- Sun Central leisure centre, with shops, restaurants and a cinema
- Children’s activities, including mini-golf, playgrounds and trampolining
- Two golf courses, one with Nile crocodiles in the lake on the 13th hole!
In the evening you can take your pick from the numerous bars and eateries at the resort, then, if you’re feeling lucky, head to the legendary Sun City Casino.
Day 3 to 5 - Pilanesberg National Park
Today it’s safari time! After breakfast at Sun City you’ll be driven to the Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge in Pilanesberg National Park, a 20 minute journey.
Located on the slopes of an ancient volcano, Pilanesberg National Park offers excellent wildlife viewing with a stunningly scenic backdrop. Elephant and white rhino are common, as are giraffe, hippo, zebra and numerous antelope species. Keep your eyes peeled as there’s a good chance to see lion and hyena, and, if you’re fortunate, leopard, cheetah and buffalo.
Your stay at Kwa Maritane Bush Lodge includes one game drive into the reserve each day, but you can pre-book additional game drives before you travel.
There’s also a swimming pool at the lodge, animal hide, mini-golf, children’s playground, cocktail lounge and bar.
Meals: Breakfast and dinner
Day 6 to 7 - Sun City Resort
After the thrill of your safari head back to Sun City to try out the activities you haven’t done yet, or simply relax by the swimming pool, a cold drink in hand.