From learning about the dark history of Apartheid to exploring South Africa’s playground Sun City, our Africa experts can include a variety of activities in your tailor made holiday.
Things to do in Johannesburg & the North West
- Visit the thought-provoking Apartheid Museum
- See where Nelson Mandela was raised on a tour of Soweto
- Treat yourself to some retail therapy in the startling array of shops
- Admire the blossoming Jacaranda Trees in Pretoria
- Enjoy the local arts, crafts and jazz of the up and coming Maboneng Precinct
- Discover the UNESCO World Heritage listed Cradle of Humankind
- Relax in Sun City with top class golf and water parks alike
- Experience South Africa in style with a luxury rail journey
- Go on a search for the Big 5 in Pilansberg National Park
By Air – Acting as the hub of South African Airways, Johannesburg is easily accessible. You can fly direct from London in just 11 hours. You can also connect to a variety of African destinations, from Victoria Falls to the Seychelles.
By Road – Pretoria is just a 30 minute drive North of Johannesburg, with the journey to Sun City and Pilanesberg National Park taking around 2 hours. Allow roughly 4 hours to travel to either Madikwe or Marakele reserves.Plan your holiday