Discover Uganda & Rwanda
Other than the gorillas, Uganda is host to some spectacular game parks. The impressive 140ft tall Murchison Falls, the cheeky chimps in Kibale Forest and the diversity of Queen Elizabeth National Park are all worth visiting in the country that Winston Churchill coined ‘the Pearl of Africa’.
Things to do in Uganda & Rwanda
- Spend time with Silverback Gorillas in Bwindi Impenetrable Forest or Volcanoes National Park
- See the impressive Murchison Falls up close
- Cruise along the River Nile as the sun sets
- Track the mischievous chimps in Kibale Forest
- Enjoy a boat cruise through the wetlands of Lake Mburo National Park
- Look out for the colourful birdlife in Bigodi Swamp
- Glide along the Kazinga Channel on an afternoon boat trip
- Experience the diversity during a game drive in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- See the only wild rhinos in Uganda at the Ziwa Rhino Ranch
- Stop for a photo opportunity whilst crossing the Equator
By Air – Both Uganda and Rwanda can be reached straightforwardly from the UK, with just one stop in Amsterdam where it is then direct on to Entebbe and Kigali.
Internal flights are also a good way to see the Gorillas if you are short on time, cutting out lengthy road transfers.
By Road – Like most African countries, the transfers can be a bit lengthy in both of these countries. However, the scenery is picturesque, and you can take the time to prepare yourself for the adventures that await you.
Plan your holiday