Beyond Chicago’s iconic architecture and exciting city centre, is a cultural melting pot of ethnic neighbourhoods just waiting to be explored, they each have their own unique attractions, excellent restaurants and bustling nightlife.
With jazz and blues music deeply rooted in the culture of Chicago, in the evenings the city comes alive with the sounds of great music pumping from its bustling bars.
Things To Do In Chicago
- Visit the Art Institute of Chicago
- Relax in Chicago’s popular Millennium Park
- Catch a ball game at Wrigley Field, home to the Chicago Cubs
- Explore the Museum of Science & Industry
- Experience the carnival atmosphere on Navy Pier
- Enjoy breath taking views from the top of the Willis Tower
- Gaze out over Lake Michigan from the 360° Chicago
- Shop till you drop on the Magnificent Mile
- Indulge in the nightlife, dining and entertainment of Lincoln Park
By Road – Milwaukee 95 miles; Indianapolis 180 miles; St Louis 295 miles
By Rail – Chicago is a major transport hub offering routes to 46 states, the District of Columbia and three Canadian provinces, the national rail operator Amtrak offers more than 300 trains each day to more than 500 destinations.
By Air – Direct flights from the UK and most major cities
Chicago is a large city but easy to navigate by walking, taxi and public transport. Consider exploring Chicago by neighbourhood to cut down on travel time.
It’s helpful to think of Chicago as a vertical city, with Lake Michigan as a natural border to the east. Chicago’s numerical grid system is an easy reference point for directions.