Visit Georgia & The Carolinas
From the beautiful skyline of Atlanta to the picture-perfect town of Savannah, Georgia is full of contrasts. You’ll be guaranteed a warm Southern welcome everywhere you go.
In North Carolina, Asheville acts as the perfect gateway to the Great Smoky Mountains, whilst along the South Carolina Coast, Charleston combines charm with a more modern vibe. Stop at Hilton Head if you are seeking relaxation.
Things to do in Georgia & Carolinas
- Take a walking tour of Savannah Historic District
- Relax in Savannah’s tranquil Forsyth Park
- Embark on a spooky Ghosts and Gravestones Tour
- Learn about the country’s favourite drink at the World of Coca-Cola
- Take a behind-the-scenes look at CNN’s global headquarters
- Visit Magnolia Plantation and Gardens in Charleston
- Photograph Charleston’s picture perfect Rainbow Row
- Ride a horse and carriage around Charleston cobblestone streets
- Hop on to the Blue Ridge Parkway from Asheville
- Relax on the pristine beaches of Hilton Head
Road – Nashville 248 miles
Rail – Amtrak’s Crescent service connects Atlanta with New York and New Orleans. The Silver Service/ Palmetto connects Charleston and Savannah with New York, Washington D.C., Jacksonville Orlando and Miami.
By Air – Direct flights into Atlanta from the UK and most major cities
As with most American states, travelling around Georgia and the Carolina’s is best done by hiring a car, hitting the open road and driving yourself.
For those who don’t wish to drive, there are regular buses and flights between the major cities and whilst the towns and cities are all walkable, there are public transport and plenty of taxi’s to help you get around.
Plan your holiday