Coast Starlight • Los Angeles to Seattle
2 Day Rail Journey – from £95
Los Angeles | Sacramento | Portland | Seattle
A Grand West Coast Train Adventure, the Coast Starlight train travels from Los Angeles to Seattle, passing through Santa Barbara, the San Francisco Bay Area, Sacramento and Portland en route.
- Relax on comfortable reclining seats
- Enjoy refreshments in the dining car
- Marvel at incredible sights as you sit back
- Choose from spacious coach class or private bedrooms
- Book with flights as part of a complete America holiday
Your Rail Jouney
Widely regarded as one of the most spectacular train routes, the Coast Starlight links the greatest cities on the West Coast. The scenery along the Coast Starlight route is unsurpassed. The dramatic snow-covered peaks of the Cascade Range and Mount Shasta, lush forests, fertile valleys and long stretches of Pacific Ocean shoreline provide a stunning backdrop for your journey.
Onboard the Coast Starlight, full food service is available throughout the day in the Lounge and Dining Cars, featuring table seating.
Coach Class travel is an economical way to travel from Los Angeles to Seattle whilst taking in the beautiful scenery along the way. Coach Class seats include:
- Wide, comfortable reclining seats
- Ample legroom for your comfort
- A fold-down tray for dining
- Individual reading light
- Electrical sockets right at your seat
Roomettes & Bedrooms
Roomettes and Bedrooms are ideal for one to four passengers, with comfortable seats on either side of a big picture window. At night, the seats convert to comfortable beds and upper berths fold down from above. Roomettes and Bedrooms include:
- Meals and bottled water
- Electrical outlets
- Climate control
- Individual reading lights
- Fresh towels and bed linens
- Soap and shower amenities
- Personal service (turn-down, coffee, make-up bed)
Seattle to Los Angeles Timetable
The Coast Starlight train schedule departs Seattle daily at 09:50.
- Departs Seattle, WA: 09:50
- Arrives Los Angeles, CA: 21:11 (+1 day)
The journey between Seattle and Los Angeles has stops at 27+ stations, including Santa Barbara, San Jose, San Francisco, Sacremento and Portland. Duration at each station will vary.
Los Angeles to Seattle Timetable
The Coast Starlight train schedule departs Los Angeles daily at 09:51.
- Departs Los Angeles, CA: 09:51
- Arrives Seattle,WA: 19:51 (+1 day)
The journey between Los Angeles and Seattle has stops at 27+ stations, including Santa Barbara, San Jose, San Francisco, Sacremento and Portland. Duration at each station will vary.
Train Tickets, Flights & More
With FREEDOM, you can book everything you need for your America rail holiday in one place; flights, hotels, tours and more.
Please note, advanced booking is highly recommended.
Please note, train departure and arrival times may change. Please call Freedom Destinations to confirm departure dates and availability. Seasonal variations may apply.