Fly Drive West Coast USA
From cruising along the coast to navigating through national parks, a Western USA road trip is one you’ll never forget. At Freedom Destinations, we’ve been designing tailor made holidays for over 20 years and we’d love to use our expert knowledge to help plan your trip.
What is there to do and see?
Thanks to its dramatic and diverse landscape, there’s plenty to do and see on a fly drive to California and the West. Popular experiences and attractions include:
- A helicopter flight over the Grand Canyon
- Cruising along the iconic California Big Sur coast
- Staying in a cosy lodge in Yosemite National Park
- Swimming in the cerulean waters of Lake Tahoe
- Seeing San Francisco’s Golden Gate Bridge
- Discovering the dramatic canyons of Bryce and Zion National Parks
- Walking along the pristine beaches of San Diego
- Drinking wine in Napa Valley
- Taking a ride on the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway
- Visiting the Santa Barbara Museum of Art
When is the best time to visit?
Truly, each season in America has its own merit. In Spring (March to May), temperatures warm and flowers begin to bloom and the mild, sunny days are great for hiking in national parks. The Summer months (June to August) are some of the most popular to travel and offer the perfect opportunity to hit the beaches of California and soak up the sun. In Autumn (September to November), the days are clear and bright with temperatures and crowds easing. Snow begins to fall in the Winter months (December to February), making it a perfect time to visit somewhere like Lake Tahoe for the skiing and snowboarding season.
What’s included in my fly drive package?
All of our fly drives include the following:
- A well planned, easy to follow route
- Travel guide and maps
- Pre-booked hotel accommodation
- A choice of standard or budget hotels
- Modern air-conditioned car
- Unlimited mileage
- Roadside assistance
- Car upgrades available upon request
How do I plan a road trip?
Thankfully our self drive itineraries take the stress out of planning, with a well-designed route and accommodation pre-booked for you. At FREEDOM, we specialise in creating tailor made holidays, so if you’d like to combine your road trip with an exciting rail journey or guided tour, we can make this happen.
Plan your holiday