Things to do in Bali
- Visit the Sacred Monkey Forest in Ubud inhabited by cheeky macaques
- See a traditional Barong Dance with colourful costumes and local music
- Taste your first Nasi Goreng, a favourite local dish
- Cycle through Tegallalang’s iconic rice paddies
- Try scuba diving off the coast of Nusa Penida
- Visit iconic Tanah Lot temple in Tabanan
- Shop in Ubud’s vibrant markets for souvenirs
- Enjoy sunrise at Mount Batur
- Visit Komodo Island and see if you can spot a Komodo dragon
- Watch the sun set on a cruise of Benoa Harbour
From the UK you will have to fly indirect to the Indonesian islands of Bali and Lombok. Gili Trawangan, Gili Meno and Gili Air are reached by water from either Bali or Lombok.
By Air – Flights from the UK to Bali take around 19 hours via popular hubs such as Bangkok or Singapore. Bali is also very easily reached from most major Australian airports, making it an easy addition to your Australian holiday. Direct flight time from Sydney to Bali is around 6 hours 30 minutes.
By Boat – A ferry from Bali to Lombok takes around 1.5 hours. Fast boats from Bali to the Gili Islands take around 90 minutes, or from Lombok around 35 minutes. There are slower boat options too if you want to take your time.