Whether you want to relax on the stunning Gili Islands or explore iconic rice paddies in Bali, our Asia Experts can include exciting experiences and tours in your tailor made Bali holiday.
Things to do in Bali
- Visit the Sacred Monkey Forest in Ubud inhabited by cheeky macaques
- See a traditional Barong Dance with colourful costumes and local music
- Taste your first Nasi Goreng, a favourite local dish
- Cycle through Tegallalang’s iconic rice paddies
- Try scuba diving off the coast of Nusa Penida
- Visit iconic Tanah Lot temple in Tabanan
- Shop in Ubud’s vibrant markets for souvenirs
- Enjoy sunrise at Mount Batur
- Visit Komodo Island and see if you can spot a Komodo dragon
- Watch the sunset on a cruise of Benoa Harbour
Bali’s Denpasar Airport is close to the island’s main resorts of Nusa Dua, Sanur and Seminyak. It is also only a short distance from the ferry terminal for Lombok and the Gili Islands.
By Air – Flights from the UK to Bali take around 19 hours via popular hubs such as Bangkok or Singapore. Bali is also very easily reached from most major Australian airports, making it an easy addition to your Australian holiday. Direct flight time from Sydney to Bali is around 6 hours 30 minutes.
By Boat – A ferry from Bali to Lombok takes around 1.5 hours. Fast boats from Bali to the Gili Islands take around 90 minutes, or from Lombok around 35 minutes. There are slower boat options too if you want to take your time.
Combine Bali with the Gili Islands or the neighbouring island of Lombok for a fabulous tropical island experience. Or you can add Singapore, Hong Kong, Borneo or any other Asia destination.
Speak to your FREEDOM Expert about a multi centre Asia holiday designed for you.
Get in touch