Honeymoons in Bali
Thinking about honeymooning in Bali? You’ve come to the right place! Our friendly team of Asia Experts have all travelled in Bali and would love to help you plan the perfect getaway.
Choosing Your Honeymoon Destination
With its gloriously sandy beaches, tropical forests, tranquil temples and lush emerald rice paddies, Bali makes for an idyllic honeymoon destination. Due to its relatively small size, honeymooners can choose to stay in one location and take day trips out, or mix and match different regions for an unforgettable multi centre adventure.
- Seminyak – A stylish suburb where award-winning restaurants and bohemian boutiques sit beside the funky beach bars and soft sands of Seminyak Beach
- Nusa Dua – A secluded stretch renowned for its luxurious resorts and beautiful beaches. Couples seeking a slower pace will love being in their own little slice of Bali paradise
- Ubud – Uncover another side of Bali as you head to the artisans’ village of Ubud; a cultural wonderland brimming with creative heritage set amongst shimmering rice paddies and ornate temples
- Sanur – A laid-back, beachside town on Bali’s East Coast that has a warm community feel. An ideal location for couples wanting a balance of culture and relaxation
Or choose to combine your honeymoon to Bali with another of Indonesia’s incredible destinations:
- Lombok – For honeymooners looking for a little more adventure, we recommend taking time to explore the pristine beaches, cascading waterfalls and towering mountains of Lombok. Surfing, trekking and relaxing are all on the itinerary at this neighbouring Indonesian island
- Gili Islands – With only bicycles and cidomos (horse and carts) as the main form of transport, this trio of tropical paradises offer visitors a taste of the castaway life. Cool down with a drink at one of the islands rustic beach bars, snorkel with turtles straight off the beach and swing into the sunset on one of the island’s many shoreline swing sets
- Komodo National Park – A destination where azure waters lap up onto soft pink sands, rare komodo dragons roam freely through the forest and the surrounding waters host a myriad of marine life. Komodo National Park is truly one of those places you have to see to believe
Freedom Favourite Resorts & Hotels
We know how important it is to stay somewhere special on your honeymoon, which is why we’ve carefully curated this list of our best resorts and hotels. All of our accommodation has been selected by our team of Asia Experts, and chosen for its stunning décor and exceptional service.
- Alila Ubud – Tucked away in the Ayung River valley, the beautiful Alila Ubud seamlessly blends contemporary design and traditional Balinese architecture. It’s famous for housing one of the most spectacular infinity pools in Ubud, a glistening green pool that appears to float above the surrounding jungle
- The Laguna Resort – Boasting panoramic views of the Indian Ocean, The Laguna Resort offers guests a relaxing stay beside the sands. This property is renowned for its luxurious rooms, award-winning restaurants and an incredible spa that fuses typical beauty treatments with intricate Balinese rituals
- Seminyak Beach Resort – An exclusive beachfront resort in one of Bali’s trendiest suburbs. This stunning resort is home to modern suites, lush landscaped gardens, and a swimming pool that overlooks the ocean
- Hotel Villa Ombak – As one of the best honeymoon resorts on the island, Hotel Villa Ombak is excellent choice for couples looking to explore the Gilis. Guests here have the choice of staying in traditional Lumbung Huts, luxury Pool Villas or contemporary Terrace Rooms
- Nusa Dua Beach Hotel – Set on the beautiful beaches of Nusa Dua, this five star hotel offers guests beautifully appointed rooms, four restaurants, a luxury spa and a spectacular outdoor swimming pool close to the ocean. Complimentary activities include Balinese dance and fruit carving classes
Bali Honeymoon Packages
A selection of our most popular Bali honeymoon packages. These itineraries can be booked as they are or tailored to suit your plans.
- Bali Romance – Discover the best of Bali with this impeccably designed eight day holiday taking you to the golden sands of Seminyak and the emerald rice terraces of Ubud
- Borneo & Bali – Spot orangutans swinging through the trees and turtles hatching beside the sea before ending your holiday with a relaxing stay on the pristine beaches of Bali
- Singapore & Bali – Visit Bali and Singapore on this eleven day itinerary offering the perfect mix of city, culture and beach
- Bali & Gilis – Begin your honeymoon exploring picturesque Ubud before heading to the tropical Gili Islands for snorkelling and sunbathing
- Bali & Dubai – Combine three nights in glitzy Dubai with seven nights on Bali’s soft sands. For luxury-loving couples, this is one of the best honeymoon itineraries out there
Tailor Made Bali Honeymoons
At FREEDOM we’ve been designing tailor made itineraries for over 20 years, and we’d love to use that experience to plan the perfect Bali honeymoon for you.
Each of our honeymoon packages has been specially designed by our team of Asia Experts, ensuring you get to see all of Bali’s highlights in one seamless itinerary. You can book these packages as they are, or change any part of them.
Alternatively, let our Asia Experts know your interests and preferences, and they will create a tailor made itinerary, especially for you.
We know planning a wedding can be stressful, so we’re here to take care of the honeymoon for you!
As part of the FREEDOM Honeymoon Package, you will be appointed your own personal Travel Consultant who has spent time travelling in Bali. They will be with you the whole way through the planning and booking process, ensuring your honeymoon runs as smoothly as possible.
During the planning stages, your Consultant can offer suggestions and recommendations on things to do and see based on your interests and their first-hand travelling experiences; and once you have perfected your itinerary, they will then make all of the arrangements for you.
From thoughtful details such as a bottle of sparkling wine in your room to the best table in the restaurant or even a free room upgrade, it’s the added touches that can elevate your honeymoon to the next level. Your FREEDOM Consultant will be sure to let your chosen hotels and resorts know that you are celebrating your marriage, so you may find there are a few pleasant surprises along the way!
Wedding Gift Scheme
All honeymooners will be able to take advantage of our Wedding Gift Scheme; a complimentary service we offer in which a dedicated web page is created for you to share your honeymoon plans with friends and family, who can then make a contribution online.
Plan your Bali honeymoon