Holidays to Gaya Island
Gaya Island, located in the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine Park off Kota Kinabalu in Sabah, Malaysia, is a tropical paradise known for its pristine beaches, vibrant coral reefs, and diverse landscapes.
Nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts will find plenty to explore, with hiking trails leading to hidden waterfalls, panoramic viewpoints, and encounters with the island’s fascinating wildlife.
What to do on Gaya Island?
Things to do on a holiday to Gaya Island include:
- Snorkelling and Scuba Diving – in crystal-clear waters teeming with colourful coral reefs, tropical fish, sea turtles, and other fascinating creatures
- Rainforest Trekking – follow trails to hidden waterfalls, panoramic viewpoints, keeping an eye out for exotic flora and fauna
- Wildlife Spotting – with a local guide, go in search of macaques, proboscis monkeys, monitor lizards, and a variety of bird species
- Beach Relaxation – sink your toes into the soft white sand, soak up the sun, and listen to the soothing sound of the waves on Gaya Island’s unspoilt beaches
- Cultural Encounters – engage in traditional handicraft workshops, learn about local customs, and savour the flavours of authentic Bornean cuisine
Gaya Island Resort
One of the places to stay in Borneo, Gaya Island Resort offers the ultimate tropical escape. Set by the tranquil waters of Malohom Bay, this secluded five star retreat boasts elegant, contemporary villa-style guestrooms, a health spa and a choice of five restaurants.
Two poplar itineraries staying at Gaya Island Resort include:
Getting to Gaya Island
Gaya Island is a 15 minute speedboat ride from Kota Kinabalu, with five scheduled crossings a day, plus private charters available.
There are direct flights to Kota Kinabalu from Sandakan and Kuching within Borneo, as well as Kuala Lumpur, on the Malaysian Peninsular, and Singapore.
Gaya Island 2024 or 2025
Whether you would just like to find out more about Gaya Island or start planning a 2024 or 2025 multi centre holiday to Borneo, please get in touch.
Our well-travelled South East Asia Experts would be delighted to help design your ideal Gaya Island adventure.
Get In Touch