Whether you want to cruise the Yangtze river or take iconic photos of the Great Wall our Asia experts can include exciting experiences and excursions in your tailor made China holiday.
Things to do in China
- Walk along part of the Great Wall of China
- Explore the Forbidden City in Beijing
- Visit the iconic Army of Terracotta Warriors in Xian
- Cruise the along Yangtze River enjoying dramatic scenery
- Visit the unique Temple of Heaven Park
- Enjoy the parks and lakes of Summer Palace
- See pandas at a conversation centre near Chengdu
- Tour the Three Gorges Dam
- Visit Shibaozhai with its impressive wooden pagoda
- See China of the past in the ancient canal town of Zhujiajiao
Due to the vastness of China and its cities, travelling between places is easiest by flying.
By Air – Flights from the U.K. to Beijing take around 10 hours, whereas Shanghai is around 11 hours and 30 minutes. Shanghai to Xian is 2 hours 40 minutes and Xian to Beijing takes 2 hours 10 minutes.
You can combine a China tour with city stays in Beijing or Shanghai for a fabulous China experience. Or you can add Hong Kong, Macau, Vietnam or any other Asia destination.
Speak to your FREEDOM expert about a multi centre China or Asia holiday designed for you.