Whether you want to get acquainted with Borneo’s diverse marine life or the world famous orangutans, our Asia experts can include exciting experiences and tours in your tailor made Borneo holiday.
Things to do in Borneo
- See Green and Hawksbill turtles nesting or maybe even hatching
- Snorkel off the coast of Selingan Island
- Cruise local rivers in search of primates and birdlife
- Visit Sepilok Orangutan Rehabilitation Centre
- Explore the Gomantong Caves
- Take a guided walk through Bako National Park
- Climb Mount Kinabalu, Malaysia’s highest peak
- Scuba dive in the underwater paradise of Sipadan Island
- Discover the cultural heritage of Kuching
- Ride the north Borneo steam railway
Borneo’s main airport is Kota Kinabalu International Airport, which is best reached from Kuala Lumpur.
By Air – Flights from Kuala Lumpur to Borneo take around 2 hours 40 minutes. Flying between Kuching in the west to Kota Kinabalu in the north takes 1 hour 30 minutes.