Discover the East Coast
Whether you want to explore underwater corals or relax by scenic waterfalls, our Asia Experts can include exciting experiences and tours in your holiday.
Things to do in Malaysia’s East Coast
- Snorkel off the coast of Redang
- Visit Sultan Abu Bakar Museum
- Stop at Keropok Lekor Factory to learn about this local favourite food
- Take a firefly boat trip at night from Kuantan
- Relax on Teluk Chempedak Beach
- Shop in Kuantan’s East Coast Mall
- Swim at Sungai Pandan Waterfall
- See if you can spot turtles at Pasir Chagar Hutang
- Trek to Asah Waterfall on Tioman Island
- Taste the fresh and local produce
In order to reach Malyasia’s East Coast, it is necessary to fly via a bigger airport hub from the U.K. We recommend Kuala Lumpur and a few days in this iconic city to enhance your trip.
By Air – Kuantan is a 40 minute flight from Kuala Lumpur. From Kuantan, a flight to Tioman Island takes around 2 hours 45 minutes.
By Road – Kuantan is about a 3 hours drive from Kuala Lumpur.
By Boat –Tioman Island can be reached by ferry from Mersing further south from Kuantan, whilst Redang Island ferries depart from Merang.
Combine Malaysia’s East Coast with Kuala Lumpur, Borneo, Langkawi or Penang for a fabulous Malaysia experience. Or you can add Singapore, Bali or any other Asia destination.
Plan your holiday