Discover Kuala Lumpur
Whether you want to enjoy a tour around the exciting city of Kuala Lumpur or or visit the Batu Caves, our Asia experts can include these exciting experiences in your holiday.
Things to do in Kuala Lumpur
- Visit UNESCO World Heritage listed Malacca, Malaysia’s oldest town
- Meet rescued elephants at Kuala Gandah Elephant Conservation
- Walk over the sky bridge that joins the Petronas Towers
- Visit a tea plantation in the Cameron Highlands and taste local tea
- Visit Kuala Lumpur’s National Museum
- Climb the 272 steps at the Batu Caves
- Travel out of the city for some fun at Sunway Lagoon Theme Park
- Indulge in some retail therapy at Central Market
- Appreciate the architecture of Kuala Lumpur’s Railway Station
- Take in the views of the city from Kuala Lumpur Tower
Kuala Lumpur is Malaysia’s main airport hub, making it the best place to start your Malaysia holiday and a great stop over on the way to Australia too.
By Air – Direct flights regularly depart the U.K. to Kuala Lumpur taking around 13 hours. The airport is about an hour outside of the city by road.
By Road – The Cameron Highlands are around 3 hours drive north of Kuala Lumpur, whilst Malacca lies around 2 hours south of the capital. In order to reach the island of Pangkor Laut, travel 3 hours north west of Kuala Lumpur to Marina Island Jetty.
By Boat – From Marina Island jetty the transfer to Pangkor Laut island is 15 minutes by speedboat.
Combine Kuala Lumpur with Langkawi, Penang and Borneo for a fabulous Malaysia experience. Or you can add Singapore, Bali or any other Asia destination.
Speak to your FREEDOM expert about a multi centre Malaysia or Asia holiday designed for you.