Malaysia Multi Centre Holidays
Malaysia is a country of incredible diversity, jaw-dropping landscapes and quite unique wildlife.
Consisting of the southern half of the Malay Peninsula, the northern mountains and forests of the island of Borneo and 878 other islands in the Malacca Strait and South China Sea, a multi centre itinerary is almost compulsory to appreciate everything it has to offer.
Kuala Lumpur & Surrounds
Located towards the South West of Peninsula Malaysia, the nation’s iconic capital city is a fabulous collage of old and new. To pick just three things to do:
- Gaze across the city from the 58 metre long Skybridge that joins the Petronas Towers. tallest twin towers in the world
- Visit the Batu Caves, a 400 million year old limestone rock formation housing a sacred Hindu temple
- Sample sumptuous Malay cuisine in Alor Street or Hutong, with the coconutty national dish, Nasi Lemak, a must
Easily reached from Kuala Lumpur, by self drive or on a guided tour, are:
- The tea covered, rolling hills of the Cameron Highlands, which offer a cooler climate should it get hot and muggy by the coast
- The tropical rainforests, caves and waterfalls of Taman Negara National Park
- The UNESCO World Heritage listed town of Malacca, with its winding streets and Dutch and British influenced architecture
Malaysia’s Islands & Beaches
Malaysia is blessed with beautiful beaches and relaxing resorts, though there’s also great some nightlife for those who enjoy throwing a few shapes. Around Peninsular Malaysia you will find:
- Penang, where you can ride a rickshaw through historic Georgetown, test your bargaining skills at one of the numerous night markets, enjoy dinner and drinks with a great holiday atmosphere and then find a secluded bay to sleep it off the next day!
- Langkawi, with its idyllic beaches, lush rainforest, picturesque rice paddies and unique mangrove forests. It’s a hot spot for snorkelling and scuba diving too, especially in the Pulau Payar Marine Park, a boat ride from the main island
- Tioman and Redang, two tropical islands off the East Coast, which boast a stunning selection of beach resorts. On the mainland, there are also some great beaches just outside the city of Kuantan
Borneo’s Rainforest & Wildlife
There aren’t many places in which you can connect with nature as you can in Malaysian Borneo. Its rainforest, which is estimated to be 140 million years old, is home to 44 species of mammal and 37 species of bird that aren’t found anywhere else on earth.
A number of wildlife experiences are available to visitors, supporting the local economy and conservation efforts. Listing just three things to do in Borneo:
- Come face to face with a Bornean Orangutan at the Sepilok Orangutan Sanctuary, and maybe even spot them swinging through the trees in the wild
- Watch green and hawksbill turtle nest on the beach at Selingan Island, and if you are lucky, hatchlings emerge from their eggs and waddle to the sea
- Take a boat trip to look for rare proboscis monkeys, as well as other primates and Borneo’s amazing variety of birdlife
While in Borneo you could also pull on your hiking boots to climb Mount Kinabalu, for out-of-this-world views across the island, and then reward yourself with a beach stay at one of the stunning nearby resorts.
Below are six multi centre Malaysian itineraries that always receive great reviews from our customers. They can be booked as they are or tailored to suit your plans, just speak with our team.
- Discover Malaysia – a self drive from Kuala Lumpur to the beaches of Penang, followed by three nights in Borneo to see orangutans and wild turtles
- Langkawi Dreaming – three nights in the capital followed by a week on the beach in Langkawi, a tried and tested twin centre Malaysian holiday
- Borneo Wildlife & Beaches – adventure and relaxation in equal measure, to the jungle and then tropical shores of the world’s third largest island
- Malaysia Experience – a superb three week itinerary including KL and Singapore city stays, a Borneo experience and time on the beach in Langkawi
- Borneo & Bali – a 12 day city, beach and jungle, multi centre adventure. And why not add extra nights in Bali to further explore the island?
- Highlights of Asia – 20 days exploring the great cities of South East Asia, plus a little beach time in Phuket, Thailand
Tailor Made Itineraries
If our suggested itineraries don’t quite fit your plans, we can design a tailor made holiday just for you, exploring just Malaysia or wider South East Asia.
With FREEDOM you can mix and match different holiday options, for example, combine a Malaysian self drive with a city stay and an expert led private tour. You can also choose your hotels and beach resorts and pre-book local experiences.
By booking your flights, accommodation and experiences in one place you will benefit from having a single point of contact for all arrangements, plus full ATOL protection for your peace of mind.
International & Internal Flights
There are direct flights from London Heathrow to Kuala Lumpur, a journey time of around 12 hours 30 minutes. Flying from Birmingham or Manchester you would need to go via the Middle East or Singapore, however this can be a great opportunity to see another destination.
Within Malaysia, there are regular domestic flights between all the major cities and regions, perfect for the multi centre traveller. The Kuala Lumpur to Penang flight takes around 1 hour and the Kuala Lumpur to Borneo flight 2 hours 25 minutes.
Your FREEDOM Consultant will find the best international and internal flights for your itinerary and can also arrange airport transfers, to save you time looking for a taxi or negotiating public transport with your luggage.
Whether you have planned your route and chosen your hotels and would like us to package everything together for you, or you would like recommendations as to where to go in Malaysia, our friendly team are here to help.
They are South East Asia specialists, having all travelled throughout the region, and would love to use their expert knowledge to ensure your Malaysia multi centre holiday is one you will be talking about for a long time after.
Get in Touch