Holidays in Singapore
The fascinating island-city-state of Singapore can be a holiday in its own right or the perfect gateway to South East Asia. With magnificent gardens, historic quarters, fascinating museums and epic shopping malls, you’ll have plenty to do and see.
At Freedom Destinations, we’re proud to say we’ve been designing tailor made holidays for the past twenty years and our team of Travel Experts would love to use their specialist knowledge to help you plan your trip.
Things to do in Singapore
From innovative gardens to traditional temples, here are our top things to do in the ‘Garden City’:
- Enjoy a night out at Marina Bay and take in panoramic views of the city from the 200 metre high Skypark.
- Taste Singaporean Chilli Crab at one of the city’s hawker food stalls – many of which have Michelin stars!
- Explore Bintan, a charming Indonesian island a 45 minute ferry ride away that boasts pristine beaches and excellent diving and snorkelling opportunities.
- Discover the beautiful Thian Hock Keng Temple, built for the worship of the Chinese sea goddess, Mazu.
- See what happens when nature meets innovation at the impressive Gardens by the Bay, an urban nature park that houses one of the largest greenhouses in the world.
- Wander down Haji Lane, Singapore’s narrowest and trendiest street, and enjoy brightly coloured murals, hip cafes and hole-in-the-wall boutiques.
- Experience the buzz of Chinatown at Night. Try your hand at bargaining at its bustling night market or hop on a rickshaw to explore the rest of the city’s vibrant districts.
- Visit Merlion Park and take in the sights of Singapore’s iconic 28-foot half-fish, half-lion Merlion statue.
- Head to the historic Chinatown district and pay a visit to the Buddha Tooth Relic Temple, a spiritual place said to house the Buddha’s left canine.
- Sip on the city’s signature cocktail, the Singapore Sling, at its place of creation, the Raffles Hotel.
- Board a tram and embark on a Night Safari through six geographical zones representing more than 50 species of animal, at the world’s first nocturnal zoo.
- Stroll down the colourful streets of Little India and admire the ornately decorated Sri Mariamman Temple, Singapore’s oldest Hindu temple.
When is the Best Time to Visit Singapore?
With temperatures at a minimum of 25°C no matter the season, Singapore makes for an appealing holiday destination year-round.
The dry season lasts from February to August, and the months of February to April are when the country experiences the most sunshine and least amount of rain and humidity. Although this is when the country receives the best weather, these are also some of Singapore’s busiest months.
For those looking for a quieter, and often cheaper, time to visit Singapore, the months of July to October are a great choice. Though there is a chance of rainfall during this period, downpours are short-lived and typically occur in the afternoon.
Singapore’s wettest months fall between November and January. Thanks to this, it is one of the cheapest and least busy times to travel. Though rains are highly likely during this period, the island still experiences a number of warm days with pleasant weather.
How Long Should I Spend in Singapore?
To fully immerse yourself in Singaporean culture and see all the city’s top sights, we recommend that the duration of your trip is anywhere from three to seven days.
Many travellers will choose to incorporate a two or three day city break in Singapore as part of a longer holiday in South East Asia. Thanks to its well-connected flight paths, Singapore is most popularly paired with Bali, Malaysia and Thailand.
Singapore also makes for a great stopover destination en-route to Australia or New Zealand, breaking up the 24 hour flight with the opportunity to see one of Asia’s most dynamic cities. For more information about incorporating a stopover in Singapore in your holiday package, please visit our dedicated Singapore stopovers page.
At Freedom Destinations, we specialise in multi centre holidays and would be happy to design an itinerary for you that includes Singapore and any of our destinations in South East Asia.
Flights to Singapore
Rated as the best airport in the world (over eight times in a row!), Singapore Changi Airport is one of the busiest and largest transportation hubs in Asia. Flights from the U.K. are plentiful, with several direct flights operating daily.
Approximate flight durations are as follows:
- From London Heathrow – 12 hours 55 minutes
- From Bristol – 15 hours 35 minutes
- From Manchester – 15 hours 50 minutes
- From Edinburgh – 16 hours 35 minutes
What Language is Spoken in Singapore?
Though the official language of Singapore is Malay, you will find that the most widely spoken language is English. All directional signs are written in English, meaning getting around the city is an easy and simple process.
2022 & 2023 Singapore Holidays
With demand for holidays on the rise, we would recommend booking early to secure the best hotels, tours and experiences.
A number of our hotels and beach resorts offer early bird discounts, and flights to Singapore are often cheapest when booked in advance. Your Asia Consultant will always find the best prices for you.
Plan Your Adventure…
Not sure where to begin? Our range of multi centre Singapore holidays are a great place to start. All of these itineraries can be booked as they are, or tailored to suit your plans.
Alternatively, let us take care of the planning for you. We’ve been designing tailor made holidays for over twenty years, and our Asia Specialists would love to use their expert knowledge and first-hand travelling experiences to help create a holiday that you’ll never forget. Simply let us know your interests and preferences, and we’ll get started!
Plan your holiday