Flight Stopovers in Singapore
There’s no better way to break up a long flight than by stopping over in one of South East Asia’s most dynamic cities, Singapore.
This spectacular island-city-state is one of the world’s most innovative destinations, bursting with futuristic architecture and cutting-edge design, yet still retaining its customs and traditions, which are derived from a unique mix of Malay, Chinese, Indian and Western cultures.
At Freedom Destinations, you can discover this enchanting country for yourself with either one of our pre-planned three or four day Singapore packages, or a tailor made stopover itinerary including your choice of Singapore hotels and activities.
Which airlines fly direct to Singapore?
Singapore Airlines is the country’s flag carrier and offers direct flights to Singapore from London, Birmingham, Manchester, Newcastle, Edinburgh and Glasgow. From Singapore, you can then continue your journey onto various destinations in Asia, Australia and New Zealand, making stopping over a smooth and simple process.
Other airlines that fly direct to Singapore include British Airways and Qantas, both of which also operate onwards flights to Asia and Australasia.
How long is the flight to Singapore?
It takes approximately 13 hours to fly direct to Singapore from London airports, and from regional UK airports around 15 or 30 minutes longer.
Flight times for popular onward routes include:
- Singapore to Sydney – 8 hours
- Singapore to Perth – 5 hours 15 minutes
- Singapore to Brisbane – 7 hours 50 minutes
- Singapore to Auckland – 9 hours 50 minutes
- Singapore to Christchurch – 9 hours 50 minutes
- Singapore to Bali – 6 hours 30 minutes
- Singapore to Bangkok – 2 hours 30 minutes
- Singapore to Kuala Lumpur – 1 hour
How long should I stopover in Singapore?
To get a real flavour of the city, we recommend stopping over in Singapore for at least two nights. This will give you time to discover the ancient temples and irresistible street food of Chinatown, as well as wander through the impressive Gardens By The Bay, home to Singapore’s famous super trees, connected by a 22 metre high skywalk.
Come the evening you could watch Spectra, the free light and water show at the Event Plaza, experience the world’s first Night Safari at Singapore Zoo or enjoy a Singapore Sling at the iconic Raffles Hotel.
And if you can stay longer, why not spend a night or two on Sentosa Island, Singapore’s playground? Connected to the main city by road, footbridge, cable car and monorail, Sentosa is home to a number of themed attractions, waterparks and health spas, that sit just metres away from soft white sands.
Singapore also can be paired with Bintan, a nearby Indonesian island that boasts beautiful beaches and crystal clear waters. Our three day Bintan Explorer is an easy add-on to your stopover and includes hotel transfers, a return ferry crossing and two nights’ accommodation.
Holidays with a Singapore Stopover
Enjoy two destinations for the price of one! All of these itineraries include a stopover in Singapore en route to Asia or Australasia.
- Australia & Singapore – Enjoy four nights in Singapore before a self drive in Australia’s Top End and time in Cairns, the gateway to the Great Barrier Reef.
- Singapore & New Zealand – A holiday of contrasts combining the bright lights of Singapore with the icy glaciers and steaming geysers of New Zealand.
- Singapore & Bali – Discover two of South East Asia’s finest countries on this 11 day holiday beginning in vibrant Singapore and ending in blissful Bali.
- Singapore & Phuket – The ultimate city and beach combination! Three nights in futuristic Singapore before shopping, spas and soft sands in Phuket.
- Australia, Singapore & Bali – City, coast, culture and cuisine are all on the menu on this three week East meets West holiday, with time in both Perth and Sydney.
You can book the above itineraries as they are, alter them to suit your plans or just use them as inspiration for your own bespoke adventure.
Whether you are looking for flights to Singapore, an inclusive stopover package or a longer Singapore holiday, our friendly team of Travel Experts are here to help.
At FREEDOM we’re tailor made specialists, so however you would like to holiday, we can make it happen!
Get In Touch