Discover Northern Thailand
Whether you want to meet rescued elephants, get to know remote Thai tribes or relax with a Thai massage, our Asia experts can include a variety of activities and experiences in your holiday.
Things to do in Northern Thailand
- Visit Elephant Nature Park where rescued elephants now live
- Wander Chiang Rai’s night bazaar and food court
- See rural life for Thailand’s remote hill tribes
- Learn how Thai orchids are cultivated at an orchid farm
- Relax in Mekajan hot springs
- See the Golden Triangle where Laos and Myanmar (Burma) meet Thailand
- Visit elaborate 14th century Buddhist temple Wat Phra Singh
- Walk around the old city of Chiang Mai
- Go on a temple tour to the White Temple, Wat Rong Khun, in Chiang Rai
- Taste Northern Thailand’s traditional dish Khao Soi
The quickest way to get to Chiang Mai and Northern Thailand is to fly from Bangkok airport.
By Air – Flights from Bangkok to Chiang Mai take just over an hour and the airport is about 20 minutes from the city centre.
By Road – Buses from Bangkok to Chiang Mai take around 10 hours, and from Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai is a further 3 hours by road.
Combine Northern Thailand with Bangkok or an island or gulf beach resort for a fabulous Thailand experience. Or add Cambodia, Burma or any other Asia destination.
Call us now on 0333 234 3112 or ENQUIRE ONLINE