Whether you want to swim and snorkel in the ocean, embrace the fun nightlife or island hop by boat, our Asia experts can include a variety of activities and experiences in your Thailand holiday.
Things to do in Phuket
- Enjoy several islands in one day on an island hopping boat tour
- Visit a traditional Thai home to discover some of the mysteries of Thai cooking
- Enjoy a day tour to stunning Phi Phi
- Treat yourself to a traditional Thai massage
- Explore local caves by sea canoe
- Admire the limestone cliffs of Phang Nga Bay
- Visit Patong’s Bangla road for Phuket’s best nightlife
- Enjoy the views from Nakkerd Hills alongside the Big Buddha
- Visit the Phuket Elephant Sanctuary
- Experience scuba diving with the incredible visibility of the Similan Islands
- Shop for souvenirs at Phuket’s night markets
The quickest way to get to Phuket is to fly and from here you can easily access many other neighbouring islands.
By Air – There are plenty of domestic flights to Phuket airport from Bangkok, as well as a few direct ones from some UK airports.
By Road – Buses from Bangkok take around 12 hours and from Phuket airport, there are metered taxis, shared minibus options and an airport bus service. Phang Nga is a 30 minute drive from the airport and Khao Lak is a 90 minute drive north.
By Boat – about an hour by boat from Phuket will get you to Koh Yao.
For city, beach and culture, Bangkok, Phuket and Northern Thailand make an excellent combination.
Likewise, Phuket is a great place to relax after time exploring Cambodia, Laos or another of Thailand’s neighbours.
Plan your holiday