Discover Hanoi & the North
Whether you want to enjoy the buzz of the city or escape to the waters of Halong Bay, our Asia experts can include exciting experiences and tours in your holiday.
Things to do in Hanoi & the North
- Discover the Old Quarter
- Enjoy colonial architecture tours of the city
- Learn about Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam’s first president
- Go on a full day tour to Ninh Binh with its 11th century temples
- Cruise amongst thousands of limestone islands at Halong Bay
- Explore the mysterious Tien Ong Cave
- Enjoy a Vietnamese cooking class
- Visit the picturesque Cua Van floating village
- Cycle through idyllic countryside in Van Long nature reserve
- See the lush green SaPa rice paddies
Hanoi has fewer direct international flights than Saigon but with excellent connections through Singapore, Hong Kong or Bangkok you can get almost anywhere easily.
By Air – Fly direct from London to Hanoi. From there, popular routes from Hanoi include Dalat, Danang, Ho Chi Minh City, Hue, Nha Trang and Phu Quoc Island, all served daily.
By Road – Hanoi’s international airport is about 35km north of the city, taking around 45 minutes along a modern highway. Public buses from the airport connect passengers to the Old Quarter. Mai Chau is 3 hours drive from Hanoi.
Combine a Gulf Coast resort with Phnom Penh and Siem Reap for a fabulous Cambodia experience. Or you can add Vietnam, Laos, Thailand or any other Asia destination.
Combine Hanoi and the north with Saigon and the beaches of the Central Coast for a fabulous Vietnam experience. Or you can add Cambodia, Hong Kong or any other Asia destination.
Speak to your FREEDOM expert about a multi centre Vietnam or Asia holiday designed for you.