Holidays to Australia & New Zealand
A great holiday to Australia and New Zealand starts with great planning. You can adopt or adapt any of the holiday ideas above or ask us to prepare a tailor made itinerary especially for you.
It is a good idea to check out the separate Australia and New Zealand pages of this website to choose the things you want to do and places you want to see – all of these can be combined into one great holiday by your personal consultant.
Decide, too, how you like travelling. Do you enjoy escorted and small group tours or do you want the freedom of the open road on a self drive or motorhome holiday? Or perhaps you prefer a more relaxed holiday style, staying in city centre hotels or regional resorts and exploring at leisure.
Whatever you choose, you will find so much to do in each country, you won’t want to come home.
An Ideal Combination
Australia and New Zealand make a superb holiday combination. Both involve a flight to the other side of the world and both countries have similar flags, history, culture and lifestyles. However, geographically they are quite different as our guide shows:
- Area – 7,692,000 square kilometres
- Population – approx. 25,000,000
- Major cities – Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Adelaide, Darwin, Hobart, Canberra (capital)
- Tallest mountain – Mt Kosciuszko, 2,228 metres
- Length of coastline – 34,000 kilometres
- Native animals – kangaroo, koala, wombat and other marsupials
- Major industries – mining, agriculture, finance
- Well known wine regions – Barossa, Margaret River, Hunter Valley, McLaren Vale, Yarra Valley
- Famous landmarks – Sydney Harbour, The Great Barrier Reef, Uluru (Ayers Rock), Blue Mountains, Great Ocean Road
- Area – 268,000 square kilometres
- Population – approx. 5,000,000
- Major cities – Auckland, Christchurch, Wellington (capital), Queenstown
- Tallest mountain – Mt Cook, 3,724 metres
- Length of coastline – 15,000 kilometres
- Native animals – kiwi, kea and other birds, but no land animals
- Major industries – agriculture, horticulture, fishing
- Well known wine regions – Marlborough, Hawkes Bay, Wairarapa, Otago
- Famous landmarks – Southern Alps, Milford Sound, Bay of Islands, Rotorua thermal region
Getting around Australia and New Zealand is surprisingly easy. Roads are wide and well maintained and the fact that they drive on the left is a great boon for UK travellers contemplating a self drive or motorhome holiday.
Australians and New Zealanders also take pride in their towns and environment. There are fascinating museums and galleries in the cities and stunning National Parks in areas of outstanding natural beauty, plus visitor centres everywhere, staffed by friendly volunteers always willing to help.
Your Australia & New Zealand Holiday
A New Zealand and Australia holiday is an adventure like no other, offering a cornucopia of experiences from beginning to end.
To book a holiday to New Zealand and Australia, talk to one of our Travel Experts. Tell them the things you would like to see and how you like to travel and they will create the perfect holiday for you.
Plan your holiday