Abu Dhabi Stopover
Stopover - from £29
For those travelling via the Middle East on their way to or from Australia, Abu Dhabi makes a fascinating stopover destination. Enjoy its understated luxury, cultural history, flawless hospitality and gorgeous beaches.
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
- Souk markets
- Emirates Palace
- Yas Waterworld
- Al Ain Oasis
For the adrenalin junkies, head to Yas Island for Yas Waterworld, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, the Yas Marina Circuit and shopping opportunities aplenty with the newly opened Yas Mall.
For those wanting to relax, the turquoise waters of Saadiyat Island is ideal. Which is also the cultural centre of Abu Dhabi since the arrival of the Louvre in late-2015 and the Sheikh Zayed National Museum in 2016.
The Corniche is a charming plethora of souk markets and high-end shopping malls. Head to the nearby Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, an astonishingly beautiful piece of architecture and one of the largest mosques in the world.
Abu Dhabi’s top attractions include:
- High tea at Observation Deck at 300 – head to the 74th floor of the Etihad Towers for incredible views of Abu Dhabi’s cityscape.
- Formula Rossa – the record-breaking 240kmph rollercoaster at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
- A sunset cruise along the Corniche on board a traditional pearl diving dhow boat
- Fatbiking and 4WD across Abu Dhabi’s golden desert dunes
- An aerial view of the city with Seawings, departing from Yas Island and Emirates Palace
Stopover - from £29
- Choose First Class hotels from £54
All prices are per person, based on 2 sharing a twin or double room. Seasonal variations may apply, please call Freedom Destinations for more information and availability.
Flying to Australia offers a great opportunity to experience another country, without the cost of another flight.
Our Travel Consultants have detailed knowledge of the different airlines and flight routes, so can help you make the most of your time in your stopover destination then arrive in Australia refreshed and ready to continue your holiday.