Australia’s Nature Coast
Less than 2 hours North of Brisbane you enter Australia’s Nature Coast, possibly Queensland’s best kept secret.
Boasting spectacular mountain scenery, pristine beaches and abundant wildlife – on land and in the warm tropical waters – Australia’s Nature Coast is a worthy addition to any East Coast or wider Australia holiday.
Things to do in Australia’s Nature Coast
- Explore natural rainforest on a 4WD adventure on Fraser Island
- Go whale watching in Hervey Bay
- Take a cruise through the Noosa Everglades
- Walk the scenic trails of the Glass House Mountains
- Spot dolphins from your kayak off Double Island Point
- Experience the Great Beach Drive from the Sunshine Coast to Fraser Island
- Visit Steve Irwin’s famous Australia Zoo
- Take a glass bottom boat from Lady Elliot Island
- Spot koalas in Noosa National Park
- Browse Eumundi’s famous markets
- Watch the sun rise on Carlo Sand Blow at Rainbow Beach
- Sip coffee by the ocean along Mooloolaba’s Esplanade
- Explore the historic pioneer town of Montville
Getting There & Around
The best way to get around Australia’s Nature Coast is by car or in a motorhome. The roads are wide and relatively quiet, and parking is rarely a problem.
There are bus and train links from Brisbane to the main towns. You can also catch a direct flight to the Sunshine Coast Airport from Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide. Brisbane Airport is the nearest international gateway.
Our Experts have created a range of holiday ideas that start or spend time in Australia’s Nature Coast. These can be booked as they are or used for inspiration to design your own adventure.