Things to do in Perth
With its unique combination of bustling city centre, riverside parkland and Indian Ocean beaches, no two days in Perth are the same.
Perth is compact enough to walk around or plan exciting days out to the attractions nearby.
- Soak in the city and river views from fabulous Kings Park
- Climb the Perth Bell Tower, built to celebrate the millennium
- Visit Swan Valley wineries on a leisurely river cruise
- Explore the historic port of Fremantle
- Chill out at the pavement cafés on Forrest Place
- Discover the geological wonders of the Pinnacles
- Look out for quokkas on a trip to Rottnest Island
- Enjoy the galleries and nightlife of Northbridge
- Swim with the dolphins at Rockingham
- Head to Scarborough or Perth’s famous Cottesloe Beach
- Visit Fremantle Jail and historic Perth Mint
- Enjoy a wine tasting tour to Margaret River
- Have a flutter at the popular Burswood Casino
Much of Perth can be explored on foot but there are free hop-on hop-off busses connecting most of the city attractions.
The clean, modern Perth rail system is easy to use, connecting inland towns, city beaches and the old port of Fremantle.
Day trips and cruises to the wineries and other scenic locations can be booked locally or with Freedom Destinations.