Nature Coast Travel Guide
Less than 2 hours North of Brisbane you enter Australia’s Nature Coast, possibly Queensland’s best kept secret.
Boasting spectacular mountain scenery, pristine beaches and abundant wildlife – on land and in the warm tropical waters – Australia’s Nature Coast is a worthy addition to any East Coast or wider Australia holiday.
Things to do in Australia’s Nature Coast
- Explore natural rainforest on a 4WD adventure on Fraser Island
- Go whale watching in Hervey Bay
- Take a cruise through the Noosa Everglades
- Walk the scenic trails of the Glass House Mountains
- Spot dolphins from your kayak off Double Island Point
- Experience the Great Beach Drive from the Sunshine Coast to Fraser Island
- Visit Steve Irwin’s famous Australia Zoo
- Take a glass bottom boat from Lady Elliot Island
- Spot koalas in Noosa National Park
- Browse Eumundi’s famous markets
- Watch the sun rise on Carlo Sand Blow at Rainbow Beach
- Sip coffee by the ocean along Mooloolaba’s Esplanade
- Explore the historic pioneer town of Montville
Getting There & Around
The best way to get around Australia’s Nature Coast is by car or in a motorhome. The roads are wide and relatively quiet, and parking is rarely a problem.
There are bus and train links from Brisbane to the main towns. You can also catch a direct flight to the Sunshine Coast Airport from Sydney, Melbourne and Adelaide. Brisbane Airport is the nearest international gateway.
Our Australia Experts have created a range of holiday ideas that start or spend time in Australia’s Nature Coast. These can be booked as they are or used for inspiration to design your own adventure.
You can also choose your hotels, activities and day tours. Just ask one of our team if you would like any recommendations, they have all travelled in Australia.