Your Rail Journey
As the Ghan travels between Adelaide to Darwin along Australia’s backbone, choose to stop in Australia’s Red Centre to explore and experience the vastness of the country’s outback and see the country’s iconic landmarks in the form of Ayers Rock and Kings Canyon. You will travel over nearly 1000 miles of Australia’s fascinating inland terrain over two days.
Day 1 - Adelaide
The moment you step on board the Ghan you are whisked away to an era of pioneering travel. Take time to settle into your own private cabin and sit back and relax. As you leave behind the cityscape of Adelaide, you will see the landscape change as you travel through the pastoral fields of South Australia’s mid north.
Enjoy this time to meet fellow travellers in the Explorers Lounge over a pre-dinner drink before dining in the Queen Adelaide restaurant where you will be treated to a three course regionally inspired dinner with all-inclusive fine wines and beverages.
When you return to your cabin you will find it transformed from its day configuration all ready for a good night’s sleep.
Day 2 - Alice Springs
Wake up early to watch the sun rise over the desert – there is a chance to disembark the train to take in the wander of this special experience at Mala.
Brunch is served on the train and soon you are crossing the state border and into the Northern Territory. The Ghan then continues to meander through the MacDonnell Ranges and arrive at Alice Springs when your journey ends in the early afternoon.
2 day Rail Journey - from £869
Choose Gold or Platinum Service
Gold Service includes:
- Private single or twin cabin with comfortable seating the transforms into a single bed or upper and lower bunks at night
- Ensuite facilities (twin cabins) or shared facilities (single cabins)
- All-inclusive dining in the Queen Adelaide Restaurant
- 60 kg luggage allowance per guest
Platinum Service includes:
- Spacious private cabin with a table and deluxe seating during the day, transforming into a twin or double bedroom at night
- Full size, en suite facilities
- All-inclusive dining in the Platinum Club Car
- 90 kg luggage allowance per guest
- Private transfers at the start and end of your journey
Upgrade to Platinum Service from £695