Your Rail Journey
The Ghan remains one of the world’s great rail journeys and provides travellers with a unique glimpse into the vastness and beauty of the outback rarely seen by any other means of transport. This two day adventure will take you through territory unlike anything you would have seen before, and all from the comfort of your private cabin with fine dining and inclusive drink service.
Day 1 - Darwin & Katherine
After a short transfer to the Darwin rail station on the outskirts of the city, board the Ghan and settle into your cabin. Lunch is served as the train begins its epic country long journey.
After lunch you will arrive into Katherine where you will have the opportunity to take in the wonder of the Nitmiluk Gorge by boat. Cruise through the shadow of the gorge and learn about the rich indigenous and settler history through the historic rock art still visible today.
Back on board the train, the rest of the days is yours to relax and enjoy a fine three course dinner as well the chance to meet like minded travellers for a social drink in the on board lounge.
Day 2 - Alice Springs
Wake to the sight of the red centre as you approach Alice Springs. After a hearty breakfast you will arrive into the quaint outback town and have the rest of the day to explore or begin your onward journey to Ayers Rock by car, coach or flight.
2 day Rail Journey - from £869
Choose Gold or Platinum Service
Gold Service includes:
- Private single or twin cabin with comfortable seating that transforms into a single bed or upper and lower bunks at night
- Ensuite facilities (twin cabins) or shared facilities (single cabins)
- All-inclusive dining in the Queen Adelaide Restaurant
- 60 kg luggage allowance per guest
- Darwin Station transfer
Platinum Service includes:
- Spacious private cabin with a table and deluxe seating during the day, transforming into a twin or double bedroom at night
- Full size, en-suite facilities
- All-inclusive dining in the Platinum Club Car
- 90 kg luggage allowance per guest
- Private transfers at the start and end of your journey
Upgrade to Platinum Service from £695
Prices shown are per person based on 2 people travelling sharing a cabin travelling November 2021. The Ghan does not operate in December and January.
The journey from Darwin to Adelaide operates for the rest of the year as part of the 3 day Ghan Expedition.