South Queensland’s Nature Coast
Less than a mile north of Brisbane are the fine beaches and quiet country towns of South Queensland’s beautiful Nature Coast. The delightful seaside towns of Caloundra, Mooloolaba and Noosa have a relaxed holiday feel, with scores of outdoor cafés and restaurants and spacious seafront apartments.
Inland the forest clad mountains and rolling countryside of the Hinterland offers some great walking and exploring opportunities.
- Spot koalas and go skinny dipping in Noosa National Park
- Discover Fraser Island on a 4WD adventure
- Walk the scenic trails of the Glasshouse Mountains
- Visit Steve Irwin’s famous Australia Zoo
- Go whale watching in Hervey Bay
- Browse Eumundi’s famous markets
- Sip coffee by the ocean along Mooloolaba’s Esplanade
- Explore the historic pioneer town of Montville
South Queensland’s Island Resorts are a mix of fun experiences and chilled out luxury and can be added to any Australia holiday. Your FREEDOM consultant can arrange transfers from Brisbane or other Queensland locations.
- Fraser Island – Australia’s largest sand island offers 4-wheel-drive exploring through the dense natural rainforest.
- Moreton Island – a short ferry ride from Brisbane, with sand boarding down its towering dunes and famous Tangalooma Dolphin Sanctuary.
- Heron Island – at the southern end of the Great Barrier Reef, with forest walks and great snorkelling straight from the beach.
- Lady Elliot Island – a nature lover’s paradise 80 kms from the coast, with superb snorkelling and glass bottom reef cruises.
By Road – Although there are buses and coach transfers to the coastal towns and Fraser Island, the best way to get around the Nature Coast and even the Gold Coast is by car or in a motorhome. The roads are wide and relatively quiet and parking is never a problem outside Brisbane centre.