Brisbane Travel Guide
This fun holiday region enjoys year-round sunshine and offers every activity imaginable, from trail walking in Lamington National Park to riding the waves at Surfers Beach.
- Stroll through Brisbane’s fine Botanic Gardens
- Travel by fast City Cat along the Brisbane River
- Enjoy the excitement of the Gold Coast theme parks
- See kangaroos, koalas and more at the Lone Pine Sanctuary
- Try your luck or watch a show at Broadbeach’s Star Casino
- Learn to surf in Surfers Paradise
- Relax like a local in Brisbane’s Southbank Parklands
- Walk through pristine rainforest in the Lamington National Park
- Shop till you drop in Brisbane’s Queen Street
- Feed the dolphins at Tangalooma’s Island Resort
- Party the night away on Surfer’s Cavill Avenue
Public transport in Brisbane is good, with no need for your own car. There are also buses and trains to the Gold Coast but, to really explore the region, a rental car is best.
By Road – Brisbane is 570 miles from Sydney and 1050 from Tropical Cairns
By Rail – Day and night trains from Sydney or head north aboard the Spirit of Queensland.
By Air – direct flights to Brisbane from the UK and regional flights from most major cities.