Things to do in New South Wales
Australia’s oldest state rises from the warm waters and golden beaches of its South Pacific coastline to the tree clad mountains of the Great Dividing Range.
South of Sydney are quiet coastal towns and beautiful National Parks, as well as Canberra, the nation’s capital, within its own Australian Capital Territory.
To the north, the resorts of Port Stephens, Coffs Harbour and Byron Bay lead you to the New South Wales border with Queensland.
Many of our self drives and tours include New South Wales in their itineraries.
- Ride the Blue Mountains scenic railway and Skyways cable car
- Discover 100s of beaches along New South Wales Pacific coast
- Go wine tasting and touring in the beautiful Hunter Valley
- Look for the koalas of Port Macquarie
- Explore Windsor and Richmond on the enchanting Hawkesbury River
- Horse ride through the scenic mountain trails
- Surf with the locals at New South Wales best surfing beaches
- Try kayaking in Kangaroo Valley
- Look for whales and dolphins in Jarvis Bay
- Bush walk through one of New South Wales 100 National Parks
- Head inland to explore Waterfalls Way
- Discover ghost towns around Broken Hill
- Head to the ACT and the nation’s capital of Canberra
By Road – 550 miles from Melbourne and 570 from Brisbane through captivating coastal and mountain scenery.
By Rail – day and night trains from Melbourne and Sydney or experience the Indian Pacific from Adelaide or Perth.
By Air – scores of UK routes via the Middle East, Asia or America and frequent flights from all parts of Australia.