Australia East Coast Tours
For a hassle-free holiday, rich in culture, wildlife and spectacular scenery, an East Coast Australia escorted tour will not disappoint.
Led by an experienced driver and expert tour director, you’ll experience both the highlights and best kept secrets of this incredible region, enjoying the company of others as you travel and relax each evening.
Highlights of Australia’s East Coast
Whilst you could stop every half hour along the 2,420 kilometres between Sydney and Cairns, to explore a new beach or rainforest trail, here’s a few unmissable destinations:
- Sydney – one of the most iconic cities in the world, with a skyline that boasts both the Opera House and Sydney Harbour Bridge
- Bryon Bay – Australia’s most easterly point, famous for its gorgeous beaches and laid back atmosphere. Take a stroll to the iconic Cape Byron lighthouse
- Fraser Island – stretching over 70 miles along Queensland’d coast, home to uninterrupted white beaches, majestic rainforests and crystal-clear lakes
- Whitsundays – 74 breathtaking islands in the heart of the Great Barrier Reef. Marvel at the aqua swirls of Hill Inlet and heavenly sands of Whitehaven Beach
- Great Barrier Reef – a haven of marine life and colourful coral. Most tours include a cruise from which you can snorkel or ride in a glass bottom boat
- Atherton Tablelands – an area of immense beauty, full of shimmering waterfalls and emerald foliage, which you can witness from the Kuranda Scenic Railway
- Cairns – gateway to the Great Barrier Reef, as well as the ancient Daintree Rainforest and Queensland’s undisturbed tropical north
Choosing Your Tour
For those seeking an in-depth exploration, our East Coast Islands & Rainforest escorted tour visits all of the highlights above, as well as Coffs Harbour, the Gold Coast and the Wildlife Hospital at Australia Zoo. You’ll also be spoilt with two nights on both Fraser Island and Hamilton Island.
Alternatively, please browse our range of other escorted, small group and independent tours that include time in and around Sydney and Cairns as part of a wider Australian journey. As tailor made experts, you can follow any of these tours, with extra nights in a destination or additional East Coast experiences and excursions. Just ask!
Included in Your Tour
All our Australian small group and escorted tours include:
- Comfortable, air-conditioned coach travel
- High quality hotel accommodation
- Experienced guides and drivers
- Daily breakfast and other selected meals
- National Park fees and entry to attractions
- Airport transfers
The knowledge of your tour guide cannot be understated, with their insights and stories frequently mentioned in tour goers’ reviews!
Flights & Extra Nights
With FREEDOM, you can book your East Coast Australia tour, flights and extra nights as one ATOL protected package, giving you the benefit of having a single point of contact for all arrangements.
Why not combine your tour with a:
- Dubai stopover or Singapore stopover
- Sydney city stay or Mountains & Wineries self drive
- Rail journey aboard the Indian Pacific or Great Southern
The choice is yours! Just let your Travel Consultant know what you would like to do and they will prepare a custom itinerary for you.
Now Booking for 2024 & 2025
Tour departure dates have now been released for 2024 and 2025.
We recommend booking early to ensure you can travel when you want to. East Coast Australia tours tours are popular with both international visitors and the domestic market.
Our Travel Experts have all explored Australia’s East Coast and would be delighted to help you plan your escorted touring holiday. Get in touch to start your adventure!Get in Touch