Specialist Travel Consultant, Hertford
Do you have a passion for travel? Do you have first-class people skills and the ability to build a rapport with clients? Would you like to work for a progressive company in exciting and friendly industry and build a career in travel? If so, we’d love to hear from you!
We are looking for enthusiastic and confident individuals to become Specialist Travel Consultants, with positions available in the following teams:
- USA & Canada
- South East Asia
- Australia & New Zealand
Your role is to turn your client’s wanderlust into an unforgettable adventure. Communicating mainly by telephone, email and video call, you will listen to their plans and offer suggestions and advice, based on your own travels and training, to create a tailor made itinerary, personalised to their interests and needs.
You will work with colleagues and suppliers to ensure all arrangements are made and their holiday experience is seamless.
To be successful in the role you will need:
- First-hand travelling experience in your specialist destinations, with an understanding of the geography and culture of the region
- Confidence in dealing with people at all levels
- An excellent telephone manner
- Good organisation, administration and time management skills
- Education to degree level or relevant sales or business experience
Travel sales or industry experience is not essential as full training and support will be given. More important is a passion for travel itself and an ability to inspire others.
Working at FREEDOM you will enjoy:
- Competitive salary and commission (£27,000 OTE)
- 22 days annual leave, plus UK bank holidays
- The option to buy an additional 5 days’ holiday
- Enhanced company pension scheme
- Comprehensive sales and product training
- Familiarisation trips to your specialist destinations
- Discounted personal holidays
- Regular social and industry events
Our purpose-built offices are near Hertford town centre and railway station. It’s an open-plan environment, great for collaborative working and sharing ideas.
Many of our team have been with us for over 15 years, meaning there is always support on hand to help you grow into your role and progress in the company.
During your training programme you’ll have sessions with managers in each department, to give you a thorough understanding of the ethos of the company, how we work and the goals we are trying to achieve.
How to Apply
Holidaymakers choose FREEDOM for the unrivalled destination knowledge and personal and professional service offered by our Specialist Travel Consultants.
If you have the travel experience and people-skills to excel in the role, we would be delighted to hear from you.
Please send your CV with a covering email and details of the countries and places you have visited to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To discuss the role please call Andrea Fallon on 01992 514913.