Island & Beach Holiday Guide
With so many island and beach destinations to choose from, it is hard to know where to start. Nearly all locations offer a choice of styles, from romantic and secluded to beach bars and entertainment.
At most island and beach resorts you will find fine sandy beaches, shady, flower-filled gardens and relaxing pools, and many offer a choice of watersports, activities and local excursions.
Once you have chosen your preferred destination, check out the property descriptions on this website to find the beach or island resort that is right for you.
Asia Island & Beach Resorts
Throughout Asia you will find tranquil, palm-fringed beaches lapped by warm tropical waters. Here there are romantic resorts with shaded and scented gardens leading down to the shore, where the pace of life is relaxed and service always comes with a smile.
Asia’s island and beach destinations include:
There are hundreds of miles of pristine beaches, with the main resorts split into four regions:
- North Gulf Beaches – including Koh Samet, Hua Hin and lively Pattaya.
- Koh Samui – and the neighbouring islands of Koh Phangan and Koh Tao on Thailand’s eastern coast.
- Phuket – and the quieter coastal region of Khao Lak.
- Krabi – and the delightful islands of Phi Phi and Koh Lanta.
Its well signed and maintained roads make getting around Malaysia easy but, for beach resorts, head to:
- Penang – Malaysia’s popular island resort with an upbeat holiday atmosphere
- Langkawi – a romantic holiday island with a lush rainforest interior, popular with honeymooners
- Borneo – superb beach resorts and amazing wildlife
Vietnam’s popular beach holiday region is its Central Coast around Danang, Hoi An and the ancient imperial centre of Hue. This area makes a great holiday combination with the historic Vietnamese cities of Saigon and Hanoi.
Sandwiched between Thailand and Vietnam is the gentle land of Cambodia, famous for the 900 year old Temples of Angkor Wat. Cambodia’s beach resorts of Kep, Sihanoukville and Koh Rong are along its southern Gulf coast.
This tropical island of dreams is celebrated by artists and filmmakers alike. The best beach resorts are around Sanur, Nusa Dua and Seminyak at the island’s southern tip but, for a more secluded and relaxed beach stay, head to neighbouring Lombok or the Gili Islands.
Indian Ocean Resorts
Around the Indian Ocean you will find enchanting island hideaways, where time stands still and impossibly tall palms sway gently in the breeze. Around their shores and along the nearby Kenya coast are some of the most captivating island and beach resorts in the world. Choose from:
- The Seychelles – with its jungle-clad peaks and powder-white sandy beaches
- Mauritius – a delightful reef fringed island with plenty of resorts and activities
- Zanzibar – Tanzania’s holiday island famous for its spices and unique culture
- Kenya – Africa’s favourite Indian Ocean coastline, with stunning beach resorts
All these Indian Ocean islands and beach resorts can be combined with a thrilling African safari for a magical twin centre holiday.
A desert oasis with pristine beaches, fabulous bejewelled resorts and constant sunshine. Only seven hours from the UK, Dubai is great choice for a relaxing beach holiday, though many also choose to stopover in Dubai en route to Africa, Asia or Australia.
America’s holiday playground is perfect for couples and families alike. Choose the bright lights of Miami, the sophistication of the Florida Keys or the popular, quieter beach resorts along the state’s Gulf coast.
Fringed by stunning beaches and surrounded by the Great Barrier Reef, there is lots to do and plenty to see around these beautiful islands. Of course, there are thousands more hidden beaches around Australia’s coastline, as well as great cities and scenery to explore. So ask your FREEDOM expert to include some travelling in your Australia beach holiday.
For help with your island or beach holiday, call Freedom Destinations, the tailor made holiday specialists.
Plan your beach holiday