Bay of Islands Day Tour & Cruise
Day Tour - from £179
Departs from Auckland
On this expert-led, full-day tour from Auckland you’ll discover the stunning Bay of Islands at the tip of New Zealand’s North Island, from both land and sea.
- Take morning tea in Kaiwaka and visit the picturesque town of Paihia
- Explore the Waitangi Treaty Ground and learn about New Zealand’s history
- Look out for dolphins on a cruise through the Hole in the Rock to Cape Brett
- Enjoy lunch on board the boat, looking over the beautiful Bay of Islands
- Admire the North Island scenery on the return journey from Auckland
Your Day Tour
Following a coach pick up from your Auckland hotel you will travel over the Auckland Harbour Bridge, stopping in Kaiwaka for a morning tea break before arriving into the picturesque town of Paihia in the Bay of Islands.
Your tour continues with a guided tour through the historic Waitangi Treaty Grounds where the settlement was signed in 1840 between the British and Maori people. Learn first-hand about this significant period in New Zealand’s history and marvel at the ancient Treaty House.
The second part of your tour is a memorable cruise through the sheltered waters of the Bay of Islands. Enjoy a picnic lunch on board whilst you look out for dolphins, whales and other marine life. Your cruise takes you past the Cape Brett Lighthouse and through the famous Hole in the Rock formation.
Your tour then returns back to Auckland.
Pick up from: Auckland accommodation
Approximate Time: 07:30
Duration: 12 hours