San Francisco Stopover to NZ
Stopover - from £76
Stop in the unique city of San Francisco on your way to or from New Zealand. See the famous Golden Gate Bridge, infamous Alcatraz Island and bustling Fisherman’s Wharf as a delightful bonus to your New Zealand holiday.
- Admire or even cycle the Golden Gate Bridge
- Discover the dark history of Alcatraz Island
- Visit the largest Chinatown in the USA
- See the sea lions at Pier 39
- Dine at Fisherman’s Wharf
Your Stopover in San Francisco
Spreading less than 50 square miles, San Francisco is a great stopover city. Well-known for its Victorian buildings, classic cable cars and beautiful waterfront, make time for the ‘City by the Bay.’
The most popular attraction has to be the Golden Gate Bridge. Visit midday or early afternoon when there are fewer clouds and either walk or cycle across to enjoy its views.
San Francisco’s top attractions include:
- The Golden Gate Bridge – walk, cycle or even drive across
- Fisherman’s Wharf – experience the relaxed vibe and restaurants
- Alcatraz Island – discover the dark history with a cruise over to Alcatraz
- San Francisco Bay – gaze out over sparkling San Francisco Bay
- Golden Gate Park – spend a day wandering around this stunning park
- Union Square – shop and dine in bustling Union Square
- Chinatown – visit the largest Chinatownin the USA
- Pier 39 – photograph the famous sea lions who sunbathe here
- Haight Ashbury – soak up the historic hippie vibe found here
Stopover - from £76
All prices are per person, based on 2 sharing a twin or double room. Seasonal variations may apply. Please call Freedom Destinations for more information and availability.
Flying to New Zealand offers a great opportunity to experience another country, without the cost of another flight.
Our Travel Consultants have detailed knowledge of the different airlines and flight routes, so can help you make the most of your time in your stopover destination then arrive in New Zealand refreshed and ready to continue your holiday.