Abu Dhabi Stopover to New Zealand
Stopover - from £29
For those travelling via the Middle East on their way to New Zealand, Abu Dhabi makes a fascinating stopover. With understated luxury and a keen dedication to preserving its cultural history, Abu Dhabi truly shines.
- The Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque
- Souk markets
- Emirates Palace
- Yas Waterworld
- Al Ain Oasis
Your Stopover in Abu Dhabi
Head to Yas Island for a high octane experience. Here you will find Yas Waterworld, Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, the Yas Marina Circuit and shopping opportunities aplenty with the newly opened Yas Mall.
For pristine beaches and turquoise waters, Saadiyat Island is ideal. It’s the cultural centre of Abu Dhabi with the arrival of the Louvre in late-2015 and the Sheikh Zayed National Museum in 2016. Tee off at the Arabian Gulf’s first beachfront course, the Saadiyat Beach Golf Club.
The Corniche is a charming plethora of souk markets and high-end shopping malls. Head to the nearby Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, an astonishingly beautiful piece of architecture and one of the largest mosques in the world.
Abu Dhabi’s top attractions include:
- High tea at Observation Deck at 300 – head to the 74th floor of the Etihad Towers for incredible views of Abu Dhabi’s cityscape.
- Formula Rossa – the record-breaking 240kmph rollercoaster at Ferrari World Abu Dhabi
- A sunset cruise along the Corniche on board a traditional pearl diving dhow boat
- Fatbiking and 4WD across Abu Dhabi’s golden desert dunes
- An aerial view of the city with Seawings, departing from Yas Island and Emirates Palace
Stopover - from £29
- Pre-book your Abu Dhabi City Tour from £77
All prices are per person, based on 2 sharing a twin or double room. Seasonal variations may apply, please call Freedom Destinations for more information and availability.
Flying to New Zealand offers a great opportunity to experience another country, without the cost of another flight.
Our Travel Consultants have detailed knowledge of the different airlines and flight routes, so can help you make the most of your time in your stopover destination then arrive in New Zealand refreshed and ready to continue your holiday.