Kuala Lumpur Stopover to NZ
Stopover - from £32
Under the watchful gaze of the famous Petronas Towers, Malaysia’s capital offers an ideal stopover location to or from New Zealand. Here, old colonial architecture mingles with modern shopping malls and excellent public transport.
- Petronas Towers
- Thean Hou Temple
- Lake Titiwangsa
- Kampung Baru
- Batu Caves
Your Stopover in Kuala Lumpur
With its fast, modern and easy to negotiate monorail system Kuala Lumpur’s attractions are well connected and accessible and can be reached at an affordable price. There is plenty to fill your days with, including:
- Petronas Towers – no visit to KL is complete without a free visit to the viewing platform
- Islamic Arts Museum – housing the largest collection of Islamic decorative arts
- Kampung Baru – traditional Malay village amidst tropical gardens
- The Lake Gardens – escape the city and relax in the expansive 92 acre parklands which houses a fabulous Bird Park
- Jalan Alor – the best in Chinese street food
- Chinatown – a colourful array of markets and decorative temples
- Lake Titiwangsa – offering the best views over the city
- Little India – the colours, sounds and smells of India come alive
- Zoo Negara – discover native Malaysian wildlife within easy reach of the city
See more of Malaysia
If your time in Malaysia permits then a visit to one of the country’s island resorts is a must. Lively Penang and the smaller, less busy Langkawi are the two favourites or, quieter still is the scenic east coast region around Kuantan with fine beaches facing the South China Sea. Inland the cooler Cameron Highlands are perfect for trekking through or relaxing within.
Stopover - from £32
All prices are per person, based on 2 sharing a twin or double room. Seasonal variations may apply, please call Freedom Destinations for more information and availability.
Flying to New Zealand offers a great opportunity to experience another country, without the cost of another flight.
Our Travel Consultants have detailed knowledge of the different airlines and flight routes, so can help you make the most of your time in your stopover destination then arrive in New Zealand refreshed and ready to continue your holiday.