Your Holiday Includes:
- 2 nights in Adelaide
- 5 day Self Drive – Great Ocean Road
- 3 nights in Melbourne
- 4 day Self Drive – Red Centre Adventure
- 2 nights in Darwin
- 6 day Self Drive – Top End Tour
- Optional UK flights
Day 1 & 2 - Adelaide
Arrive in energetic South Australia for a two night stay. Adelaide has a reputation as one of the most liveable cities in the world with its shopping streets, vibrant arts scene, outstanding food and wine culture, and elegant mix of old and new architecture. Within close proximity to the city are the hills of the Mt Lofty ranges, great surfing beaches, and the great wine-making regions of McLaren Vale, Barossa and Clare Valley.
Day 3 to 6 - Great Ocean Road
Collect your hire car this morning for your Great Ocean Road self drive to Melbourne.
- Depart the “City of Churches” and head to the hills. To the north of the city you will discover the picturesque Barossa Valley, home to famous wineries including Yalumba, Orlando and Penfolds, as well as boutique vineyards. Stay overnight in the Barossa.
- Leave the hills of the Barossa and head for the South Australian coast. You will pass through the town of Mannum, one of the oldest towns located on the Murray River. Beyond Tailem Bend and Murray Bridge, you will then travel along the sand dunes of Coorong National Park before stopping for the night in the town of Robe.
- From Robe, continue along the coast to the remarkable town of Mt. Gambier. The town is actually set on the slopes of an extinct volcano, and is home to a collapsed crater in the centre of town as well as a lake that changes colour from a winter grey to a vivid blue colour every summer. Continue along the coast to Portland (the oldest permanent settlement in Victoria). A detour to see the blowholes at Cape Nelson and the petrified forest at Cape Bridgewater are worthwhile before continuing on to stay in Port Fairy.
- After exploring the delightful fishing port and resort of Port Fairy, join the Great Ocean Road for a day exploring the “Shipwreck Coast”. Before you reach Port Campbell you will be able to stop to view London Bridge, the now broken natural rock arch. Continue along the Southern Ocean coast to see the iconic rock pillars of the Twelve Apostles, that stand out proudly above the surf. Continue along the Great Ocean Road as far as Apollo Bay where you will stop for the night.
Day 7 to 9 - Melbourne
Depart Apollo Bay for the city of Melbourne. be sure to stop at Bells Beach to watch the skilled surfers navigate the impressive waves. From here it is short hop, via Geelong to Melbourne.
Arrive in Melbourne and spend three nights exploring this stylish vibrant city. From the beachside St Kilda to the Yarra Valley, and the charming streets and cobbled laneways to the famous penguins on nearby Phillip Island, Melbourne has plenty to see and do. Food and wine lovers will discover the finest produce on Mornington Peninsula, just an hour’s drive away, the ideal start to your Great Ocean Road self drive holiday.
Day 10 to 12 - Self Drive
Fly to Ayers Rock to discover Australia’s Red Centre on a one-way self drive journey from Ayers Rock to the outback town of Alice Springs, with a stay at Kings Canyon. You will visit:
- Kata Tjuta
- Kings Canyon
- Alice Springs
Read more about your Red Centre Adventure self drive…
Day 13 to 14 - Darwin
Fly north to spend two nights in Darwin soaking up the tropical weather and laid back lifestyle. Enjoy the waterfront restaurants, tropical parklands and art precincts. Stroll through the Mindil Beach Markets or enjoy sunset whilst sailing through Darwin’s Harbour. Darwin is the gateway to Litchfield National Park, the Tiwi Islands, Kakadu and Arnhem Land and will be the perfect base to start your Top End adventure.
Day 15 to 19 - Self Drive
Start your 4×4 Top End self drive adventure from Darwin through the tropical wetlands and untamed wilderness of the Northern Territory visiting:
- Kakadu National Park
- Litchfield National Park
Read more about your Top End Tour self drive…
Day 20 - Farewell
Say a fond farewell to Darwin as you make your way back to the UK.
20 day Holiday Idea - from £2465
With flights from £3785
- Add extra nights in Melbourne, Adelaide, Darwin, or anywhere en route
- Pre-book day tours to the Barossa Valley or Phillip Island Penguin Parade
- Add a stopover to Australia in Singapore, Dubai or another destination
- Choose to fly Economy, Premium, Business or First Class
Prices are per person, based on two people sharing. Flights, hotels and tours are subject to availability and seasonal variations may apply. Please call Freedom Destinations for details.