In Tanzania, you’ll find big cats and gentle giants roaming free across the Serengeti, Mount Kilimanjaro towering over the vast plains of Tanzania’s many game reserves and tranquil beach islands with centuries of Swahili culture to discover.
Things to do in Tanzania
- Witness the awe-inspiring wildebeest migration in the Serengeti
- Soar above the plains on a hot air balloon ride
- Challenge yourself to climb the mighty Mount Kilimanjaro
- Go on safari in the untouched Selous Game Reserve
- Take a game drive in the enormous Ngorongoro Crater
- Spot Flamingos in Lake Manyara
- Learn about the famous spices of Zanzibar on a guided tour
- Explore the narrow streets of historical Stone Town
- Watch the sunset on white sand beaches of Zanzibar
By Air – Flights to Tanzania will require a stopover, however, you can get to the hub Kilimanjaro in less than 14 hours, or to Zanzibar in under 15 hours.
Internal flights are also a great way to get around within the country, whether to Selous, the Serengeti or over to Zanzibar.
By Road – Driving distances in Tanzania can sometimes be quite long, however, the array of scenery is sure to keep you occupied.
A lot of the time you will be in transfer you will also be in National Parks, so keep your eyes peeled for animals.
Plan your holiday