Away from the beaches is magical Orlando, the undisputed theme park capital of the world. This manicured city in Central Florida is the home of Universal Studios Florida™, Discovery Cove® and of course, Walt Disney World®, plus lots more to keep you amused.
Outside of the theme parks, Orlando is aplenty with lush green parks, tranquil lakes, top class golf courses, excellent shopping malls and great restaurants. So, if you tire of the themed excitement, there is plenty more to keep the family entertained.
Things to do in Orlando
- Escape to Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon®
- Let your imagination run wild at Disney’s Epcot ®
- Discover the enchantment of fairy tales at Magic Kingdom Park ®
- Ride the fastest waterslides at Blizzard Beach Water Park®
- Enter a different world; Pandora – The World of Avatar®
- Immerse in the magical Wizarding World of Harry Potter ™
- Visit world renowned Universal Studios Florida ™
- Explorer the themed islands at Universal’s Islands of Adventure ™
- Splash around with the family at Universal’s Volcano Bay ™
- Interact with the worlds marine creatures at Discovery Cove ®
- Take a trip to the Kennedy Space Centre at Cape Canaveral
By Road – Miami 235 miles; Atlanta 438 miles
By Air – Direct flights from the UK and most major U.S. cities
Getting around Orlando couldn’t be easier. It’s well equipped to accommodate lots of visitors so even in the holiday season the roads and car parks are not that busy.
Taking to the highways of Orlando in a hire car offers added flexibility to your holiday but, if you don’t want to drive, don’t worry, you’ll have no problem getting around – Orlando has a good network of buses, shuttles and there’s plenty of taxis around.