2024 & 2025 Kenya Holidays
To many, Kenya is the spiritual home of safari. Across wonderous landscapes roam magnificent herds, turning in unison at the sense of a predator, before the chase begins! It is nature at its finest.
At FREEDOM, we’ve been designing tailor made holidays for over 20 years, and our Africa Specialists would love to use their expert knowledge to help you plan your 2024 or 2025 Kenyan adventure.
Where to Visit in Kenya?
There is a fantastic diversity to Kenya’s National Parks. Five of the best include:
- Masai Mara National Reserve – which offers excellent wildlife viewing year round thanks to regular rainfall providing ample food for grazers, in turn attracting lion, leopard and cheetah. In September and October, millions of wildebeest, zebra and gazelle enter the reserve from the neighbouring Serengeti National Park, crossing the Mara River en route – a spectacle to behold!
- Amboseli National Park – which sits in the rain shadow of Mount Kilimanjaro, resulting in shorter vegetation making it easier to spot birds and wildlife. Amboseli elephants are renowned for their oversized tusks. Buffalo, hippo and giraffe are also common.
- Lake Nakuru National Park – located in the heart of the Great Rift Valley, providing a stunning backdrop to go in search of white rhino and big cats. Flocks of pelicans frequent the main lakes, sometimes joined by flamingos.
- Samburu National Reserve – comprising semi-arid savannah and offering excellent safari from June to September in particular, when rainfall is rare and wildlife doesn’t stray too far from dwindling water sources. Samburu can be a great choice for those keen to see leopards, who are indifferent to safari vehicles!
- Tsavo East & West National Parks – neighbouring reserves which combined cover 4% of Kenya. Home to the Big 5, Tsavo’s elephants particularly catch the eye due to their reddish hue from rolling in the distinctive soil across most of the park. A unique way to visit Tsavo and Amboseli is on a Kenya rail safari.
In total, there are around 50 National Parks and Reserves in Kenya, many of which can be incorporated in a tailor made holiday. Just speak with our team.
Kenya Safari & Beach Holidays
Away from the savannah, Kenya is also blessed with great beaches, especially near Mombasa. The sand is soft and Indian Ocean waters are warm. Alternatively, there are direct flights from Nairobi to Mauritius, the Seychelles and Zanzibar, on any of which it is almost impossible not to relax!
Three of our most popular Kenya safari and beach holidays are:
- Kenya Beach & Safari Experience – a great value holiday based at Diani Beach, with an overnight stay at a safari lodge in Ngutuni Wildlife Reserve
- Kenya Safari & Zanzibar – a five day safari to Lake Nakuru National Park, Lake Naivasha and the Masai Mara before five nights of tropical bliss!
- Masia Mara & Mauritius – a three night fly-in safari to Kenya’s premier park, followed by a full week in Indian Ocean paradise, at your choice of resort
How do I Plan a 2024 or 2025 Kenya Holiday?
If you are looking for ideas of where to go in Kenya, our holiday ideas are a great place to start. They have been designed by our team of Africa Experts, who have all spent time in Kenya and wider East Africa.
Or just give them a call. They would be pleased to share their recommendations; advice on the best time to visit different National Parks or where to see the Big 5. They can then design a 2024 or 2025 Kenyan holiday, unique to you.
Get in Touch