2024 & 2025 Borneo Holidays
Thinking about a holiday to Borneo for 2024 or 2025? You’ve come to the right place. At FREEDOM, we offer an incredible range of wildlife tours, hotels and experiences to help you plan the perfect Borneo trip.
What to do in Borneo?
With its abundance of incredible scenery and enchanting wildlife, Borneo is brimming with exciting things to do and see. Take time to experience the following:
- Explore the UNESCO-listed Kinabalu National Park, home to 4,500 different types of flora and fauna including the world’s largest flower, the rafflesia
- Spot orangutans swinging through the vines at Sepilok Rehabilitation Centre, home to around 80 rescued primates who have lost their homes to deforestation
- Rise early to climb Mount Kinabalu, a 4000 metre mountain that affords breathtaking views over Kinabalu National Park
- Witness baby turtles making their way back into the sea at Selingan Island, a nesting ground for Green and Hawksbill turtles
- Unwind in the sulphur-rich Poring Hot Springs, whose waters are said to ease aching muscles (perfect after a hike up Mount Kinabalu!)
- Discover the spectacular Gomantong Caves, visited by David Attenborough and renowned for its valuable, edible swiftlet nests
- Go snorkelling or diving in the marine abundant waters surrounding the spectacular Sipadan Island
- Visit the Bornean Sun Bear Conservation Centre and meet the smallest member of the bear family, the Malayan sun bear
- Relax on the beautiful Tajung Aru Beach, famed for its golden sands washed by warm translucent waters
- Indulge yourself with a stay at Gaya Island Resort, a five star retreat, just of the coast of Kota Kinabalu
How long to spend in Borneo?
Most travellers typically spend one to two weeks in Borneo, enough time to visit a number of the island’s highlights, meet its famous primates and relax on the beach.
Borneo can also be combined with Langkawi or Kuala Lumpur for a Malaysia-wide adventure, or for those looking to explore more of South East Asia, Singapore and Bali both make an excellent choice.
How do I plan a 2024 or 2025 Borneo holiday?
A great place to start is by browsing our range of Borneo holiday ideas. Each itinerary has been designed by our team of Travel Experts, using their specialist knowledge and first-hand travelling experiences.
You can book these Borneo holidays as they are, or use them as inspiration for your own tailor made adventure. Just let us know what you would like to do and we’ll take care of the rest.
Plan your holiday