2024 & 2025 Asia Holidays
At Freedom Destinations, we’re experts in creating tailor made Asia holidays, so whether you’re looking for a cultural experience, blissed-out beach break, or a little bit of both, we can help plan your dream getaway.
Where to go in South East Asia?
Our team of Travel Experts have given us a few of their favourite things to do across South East Asia, to help you choose where to go. If you would like to explore more than one country, simply let them know and they will design a bespoke, multi centre holiday, just for you.
Known as the “Land of Smiles”, a holiday in Thailand is sure to keep you grinning from start to finish. Be sure to:
- Go island hopping along Thailand’s pristine southern coast
- Sample traditional Thai cuisine in the bustling city of Bangkok
- Discover Northern Thailand’s tranquil temples and dramatic mountain scenery
- Watch elephants peacefully roam at an ethical elephant sanctuary
Boasting bustling cities, incredible scenery and warm, friendly locals, Vietnam is a country that never fails to enchant those who visit. Here you can:
- Board a traditional Vietnamese junk boat and explore beautiful Ha Long Bay
- Stroll the brightly coloured streets of World Heritage listed Hoi An
- Gently float past shimmering rice paddies and diverse wetlands, framed by abrupt limestone mountains, on a boat trip in Ninh Binh
- Taste a bowl of Pho, Vietnam’s signature noodle soup, at one of Ho Chi Minh City’s street food stalls
With its abundance of ancient temples and beautiful beaches, a holiday to Cambodia offers the perfect mix of culture and relaxation. Will you:
- Explore the Temples of Angkor, the world’s largest religious complex, to find the ancient Angkor Wat, an exemplar of Khmer architecture
- Sink your toes into soft white sands on the idyllic island of Koh Rong
- Discover daily life on a cruise along Cambodia’s ‘Great Lake’, Tonle Sap
- Learn more about the dark years of Pol Pot regime on a visit to the Tuol Sleng Genocide Museum and Killing Fields
With its mesmerising rice terraces, tranquil temples and miles of golden beaches, Bali is a holiday favourite for many. Make sure to:
- Head to the artisan village of Ubud to learn about traditional crafts such as silversmithing and stone carving
- Trek through the emerald tiers of Tegallalang rice terrace
- Meet the mischievous monkeys of Bali’s Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary
- Take the chance to explore another of Indonesia’s beautiful islands such as Lombok, the Gilis or Komodo
Coast, culture and cuisine are at the core of this cultural melting pot. Whilst in Malaysia, we would recommend you:
- Walk over the sky bridge between the Petronas Towers in Kuala Lumpur
- Tour one of the Cameron Highlands’ picturesque tea plantations
- Spot unique, 3D street art in Georgetown, the UNESCO listed capital of Penang
- Relax on Langkawi’s beautiful beaches and paddle in the warm waters of the Andaman Sea
Asia’s largest island, Borneo, is renowned for its incredible wildlife and lush jungle scenery. Make sure to:
- Come face to face with Asia’s primate superstar, the orangutan
- Watch green and hawksbill turtles nest and hatch on Selingan Island
- Explore Gomantong Caves, renowned for their valuable, edible swiftlet nests
- Climb Mount Kinabalu, Malaysia’s highest peak at 4,095 metres
A small island state with a big personality. In Singapore, you can:
- Visit Gardens by the Bay, a unique and futuristic garden in the heart of the city
- See the city skyline light up at night, 57 storeys up at the Marina Bay Sands
- Sip on a ‘Singapore Sling’ cocktail at its place of creation, the Raffles Hotel
- Tantalise the taste buds at one of Singapore’s many hawker stalls – several even have Michelin stars!
Step back in time in Laos and explore a country rich in culture and scenery. Take the time to:
- Swim in the azure waters of the three-tiered Kuang Si Falls
- Get a glimpse of rural life on a cruise along the Mekong River
- Lose yourself in one of Luang Prabang’s many elegant temples
- Taste a traditional Laos coffee, using beans grown in the country
A perfect stopover destination or stimulating city break, visit Hong Kong to:
- Enjoy a sunset cruise around Victoria Harbour on a traditional junk boat
- Ride the Ngong Ping Cable Car for panoramic views of the South China Sea and Giant Buddha
- Soak in Hong Kong’s famous skyline over dinner at a high-rise restaurant
- Take a day trip to Macau, an old Portuguese colony, to explore the fortresses, temples and more modern casinos
How long should my Asia holiday be?
Most people visit Asia for between one to three weeks. One week city and beach breaks are popular, as are private or small group tours, exploring a smaller area in more depth.
With two weeks in Asia you can usually see the highlights of a couple of countries, Vietnam and Cambodia a recommended combination. Three weeks in Asia allows you to explore a little further, taking advantage of the regular flights available between South East Asia’s major metropolises.
If you’re lucky enough to have a little more time, simply let our team know and they will design a longer adventure for you.
How do I plan a holiday to South East Asia?
Our multi centre Asia holiday ideas are a great place to start. Each itinerary has been designed by our team of Travel Consultants using their expert knowledge and first-hand travelling experiences. You can book these packages as they are or have them tailored to suit your plans.
Alternatively, take the stress out of planning and let us take care of all the arrangements for you. Simply let us know your interests and any particular destinations you would like to visit, and we will create a tailor made Asia holiday, just for you.
Plan your holiday