Holidays to Thailand
Pristine beaches, romantic island resorts, tranquil temples and exceptional cuisine – a holiday to Thailand has it all! Discover this enchanting destination for yourself on an unforgettable tailor made adventure.
We’re proud to say we’ve been creating bespoke holidays for the past twenty years here at Freedom Destinations, and our team of Travel Experts would love to use their specialist knowledge to help you plan a trip you’ll never forget.
Things to do in Thailand
- Stay at Elephant Hills, Thailand’s first luxury tented jungle camp. Spend your days here trekking through dense forest, canoeing and swimming in Khao Sok National Park and the highlight of it all – getting up close and personal with the majestic Asian elephant!
- Discover Ang Thong National Marine Park, an incredible destination made up of 42 islands covered in thick jungle broken only by limestone cliffs and shimmering falls
- Board a traditional Thai longtail boat and glide over the warm turquoise waters of the Andaman Sea
- Visit an ethical elephant sanctuary, such as Samui Elephant Sanctuary, an institution focussed on the rehabilitation of previously abused elephants
- Take part in a Thai cooking class and learn the secrets to cooking authentic Thai cuisine
- Explore the beautiful Grand Palace, home to the spectacular Emerald Buddha which has been carved from a single piece of jade
- Relax nature’s own hot-tub at Namtok Ron Hot Springs, found in a small jungle not far from Krabi. Heated from underground volcanic chambers, these naturally hallowed out baths make for the perfect place to relax and unwind!
- Ride on a tuk tuk, a form of motorised rickshaw that is a popular mode of transport in Thailand
- Discover Bangkok’s iconic floating markets and taste the fresh local produce the vendors are selling
When is the Best Time to Visit Thailand?
Thailand has three distinct seasons: hot, cool and rainy. Though due to the geography of the country, there’s never a bad time to visit!
Different areas of the country are affected by the south-west monsoon at different times of the year; between June and October the monsoon season begins in the north, central and south west of the country, whilst the south-east and Gulf of Thailand receive most of their rainfall from October to December. Though rainy season may sound off-putting, this can also be a cheaper time to travel with less crowds at the top tourist attractions.
It is warm year-round in Thailand, with the hottest months from March to May where temperatures can reach highs of up to 40⁰C. The months of January to March can be some of the most popular times to travel when the weather is hot but less humid.
For a comprehensive month-by-month breakdown of when to visit, please read our Best Time to Visit Thailand overview.
How Long Should I Spend in Thailand?
Most travellers will spend anywhere between one to four weeks in Thailand, with many choosing to combine their trip with another destination in South East Asia such as Vietnam, Cambodia or Laos.
Flights to Thailand
With Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport acting as the main gateway to Asia, flights to Thailand are plentiful. It takes approximately 11 hours and 30 minutes to fly direct to Bangkok from most London airports, and from regional UK airports around 15 or 30 minutes longer.
Getting Around in Thailand
To make the most of your time in the ‘land of smiles’, we recommend flying between Thailand’s main cities and centres. It is a nine hour drive north from Bangkok to Chiang Mai, and ten hours south from Bangkok to Phuket, in comparison to short hour and a half long flights either way.
Your Travel Consultant will be able to take care of any internal flights and hotel transfers for you, leaving you with nothing to worry about apart from which sunglasses to pack!
Plan Your Adventure…
Not sure where to visit? Browse our range of Thailand multi centre holiday ideas or check out our Thailand travel guides for inspiration for your trip, or alternatively talk to one of our Travel Experts and ask for their advice. Each member of our team has travelled in Thailand extensively and will be able to provide recommendations based on their own first-hand experiences.
Plan your holiday