Things to do in Burma
- Enjoy a sunset at Shwedagon Pagoda
- Take a walking tour through Yangon’s colonial architecture
- Visit a local Mandalay market with traders cutting and polishing jade
- Admire the intricate wood carvings at Golden Palace Monastery
- Attempt to read the world’s largest book at Kuthodaw
- Visit Minnathu Village for an insight into local life
- Relax on the isolated beaches of Burma’s west coast
- Treat yourself to a hot air balloon flight over iconic Bagan
- Explore the Bogyoke Aung San Market for a bargain
- See the unique leg rowing fisherman on Inle Lake
The main airport of Burma is Yangon International airport and there are currently no direct flights from the U.K.
By Air – Flights from the U.K. to Burma take around 14 hours and it is quickest to connect through Bangkok. Bagan is a 1 hour 20 minute flight from Yangon, as is Mandalay, whilst Ngapali is a 1 hour flight.
By Road – Yangon city centre is around a 30 minute drive from the airport. The beaches of Ngwe Saung is a 6 hour drive west of Yangon.
You can combine a Burma tour with a resort stay on the coast or in Thailand for a fabulous culture and beach experience. Or you can add Bangkok, Singapore or any other Asia destination.
Speak to your FREEDOM expert about a multi centre Asia holiday designed for you.