Visit New Orleans
Home to New Orleans’ rich and famous, the popular Garden District is the place to enjoy the quieter side of the city – it boasts old Victorian and Greek Renaissance homes tucked behind canopies of Spanish moss-draped oak trees.
The Riverfront area, adjacent to the French Quarter, is a great setting to enjoy the mighty Mississippi River; there are sweeping vistas, public art displays, walkways with street performers as well as excellent shopping and dining options.
Things to do in New Orleans
- Visit the French Quarter’s best jazz and blues bars
- Go in search of wildlife in the Louisiana Bayous
- Enjoy a Jazz Cruise on the Mighty Mississippi
- Wander around the famous Jackson Square
- Look around the impressive Garden District
- Explore the many cemeteries in the city
- Marvel at the beautiful oak trees in Audubon Park
- Snapback in time at the Laura Plantation
- Browse the stalls at the French Market
- Try the culinary delicacies; beignets and gumbo
By Road – Memphis 395 miles; Houston 347 miles; Atlanta 470 miles
By Rail – Memphis 8 hours; Chicago 19 hours; San Antonio 15 Hours
By Air – Direct flights from the UK and most major cities
New Orleans is flat, picturesque and made for walking. There are plenty of taxis, great public transportation and a streetcar ride is as much entertainment as a practical means of getting around!
Plan your holiday