From the towering dunes and plummeting canyons of the Namib Desert and the endless plains and rocky mountains of the Kalahari Desert to the popular waterholes of Etosha National Park and a salt pan so big, it can be seen from space. Namibia really is otherworldly.
Things to do in Namibia
- Admire the wildlife of Etosha, one of Africa’s largest game reserves
- See UNESCO heritage site Twyfelfontein’s 6,000 year old Bushman art
- Climb Dune 45 in Sossusvlei in time to watch the sun rise
- Enjoy a city tour of Windhoek, learning about its German influences
- Take in the sheer size of Fish River Canyon, the biggest in Africa
- Watch the flamboyant flamingos of Walvis Bay, and maybe even see dolphins
- Visit the desert adapted elephant and rhino of Damaraland
- Experience an adrenaline rush with a skydive in Swakopmund
- Cross the iconic Tropic of Capricorn
- Learn about the brilliant conservation efforts at the Africat Foundation
By Air – Flights to Namibia from the UK go indirectly, usually with just one stop over in a hub such as Johannesburg. This means it can also be easily added on to your South Africa Holiday.
By Road – It is important to remember that Namibia is a vast country and driving distances can be lengthy, you can easily cover upwards of 300km in a day. Roads however are generally well maintained and make for an easy drive.
Call us now on 0333 234 3667 or ENQUIRE ONLINE